NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Caique Monkey of the Biird World

Jayd

The brightly-colored (pronounced kye-eek).is endemic to the Amazon Rainforest of northern Brazil and southern Venezuela, and the Guiana highlands. A adult caique is 23 cm or 9 inches in length. They weight around 150 to 175 grams or 5.3 - 6.2 oz. Their average expected lifespan is 30 years.

Also called "Seven-Color Parrot" because of their highly defined black, green, yellow, orange, white and blue feathers. You have the White-headed snd Black-bellied Caique.

The antics of a hand fed Caique are a constant source of amusement. They can be very trusting and can be taught to lay upside down in the palm of your hand. These outgoing energetic birds make great companions for households containing children.;)

And off I go to see photos and read more about the caique. Thanks for the phonetics, I have wondered how to pronounce their name. I love this new sub species room addition. Thanks for unlocking the caique. I can tell you all that you are doing nothing to quell the rising of my latent MBS. I keep telling myself, two parrots are a handful. Two parrots are just perfect for our house. But to be honest, I was saying one parrot is plenty for several years and somehow I doubled my flock even with my brain trying to outwit and conquer my heart with logic.

Wow, what a beautiful parrot. I love those red eyes. I want one now too. Thank goodness for a forum where I can live vicariously through pictures and experiences of others. I so look forward to learning more about all these wonderful parrots. This new room is awesome.

Apparently there is a blue mutation which happens to be beautiful! Here is a link to see a pic...http://caiquecrazy.com/species/blue-mutation. I would love one of those, but I'll bet they would be through the roof price-wise. There was an auction in Australia...the winning bid was $20,000!!!