NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Just got cage...a couple concerns

cheebamaster

Hey all I just received the cage I ordered off ebay...here's the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/32-x30-x68-Parrot-Bird-Finch-Cages-Play-Top-Storey-Ladder-Black-Vein-Iron-Cage-/370597714664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5649585ae8

(mine was 40x30 but they're out of that one...bar spacing was the same)

http://imageshack.us/f/20/226il.jpg/

I'm afraid that the bars are too small? Also, if I glide my fingers accross the bars some of them feed rough and a little paint/powder gets on my hands..or chips rather.

Should I put this thing together or just resell and get something different.

227.jpg

Just measured the actual inside dimensions

31 length

x22 width

x35 height

Too small?

Mine, from King's Cages, is 32" wide and 25" deep (inside dimensions). Seems like a pretty good size for Ellie (a TAG). I would've preferred a larger cage, but I don't know where I could put a larger cage. I have the top of her cage tricked out with three tree branches (in addition to the stuff already on the top) (one of the branches is visible in my current sig picture - and another branch partially visible here), so she has a lot of room to roam when the door is open.

Edited by Doug

Thanks for the help all. I've decided I will use the one I bought as a sleep cage or to put it in another room.

I am trying to decide between these two

http://www.kingscages.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=305_New

(I heard King's cages were higher quality)

OR

http://www.wayfair.com/AandE-Cage-Co.-Enormous-Play-Top-Bird-Cage-8004836-AEC1017.html

(A&E seems to have mixed reviews and If I'm dropping this much $ it needs to be quality)

I love love love my cage from Avian Adverntures. It's easy to clean, easy to put together, the dishes are birdy-proof (no way for birdy to get them out of the holder and fling them about. The doors all have built-in locks that are very effective. Really, can't say enough good things about them.

i bought my cage from the petstore that has marco it has a playtop on it that is super cool and its HUGE takes up the entire corner of my living room LOL ....

That's the same model that I have. I've had to augment the play-top, but otherwise it seems to be pretty good. (I just wish I knew what material the bolts were made from...)

Yes, she does. When she's not in her cage, or in my office, or on her window perch, or on her sunroom play-stand, or on me......she's on the play-top on her cage.

I kept the original perch, but it didn't provide much activity for her, so I added a few branches. Unfortunately, the branches extend far enough that she can, with the right aim and trajectory, poop on the floor...

I need to add a few more toys...

Perhaps this will inspire you to do something much cooler and then I can steal your ideas...

7037010345_7843b0a788.jpg

Ellie's play-top by shyzaboy, on Flickr

I have 11 different cages for all of my parrots, 3 are just extras I've kept after upgrades. My favorite ones are the ones that are just small enough to get thru a door way. I have two 40 x 30 cages and I can't take them out of the room they are in. One cage was put together already and we had to take the window sashes out to get the cage in the room thru the window. The other cage was assembled in the the sun room where it stays. If we take the birds outside for the afternoon, we have to put them in a smaller cage then wheel it out. Our doors are 30 inches I believe, but with a 1" jamb on each side so the door way is 28".

Just something to think about if you like to move cages around like me.

Yes, she does. When she's not in her cage, or in my office, or on her window perch, or on her sunroom play-stand, or on me......she's on the play-top on her cage.

I kept the original perch, but it didn't provide much activity for her, so I added a few branches. Unfortunately, the branches extend far enough that she can, with the right aim and trajectory, poop on the floor...

I need to add a few more toys...

Perhaps this will inspire you to do something much cooler and then I can steal your ideas...

7037010345_7843b0a788.jpg

Ellie's play-top by shyzaboy, on Flickr

LMAO at tragectory poopin :eek: sorry that just made me giggle ...

well I definately like your play top ... I will see how she takes to the top before I go and make huge adjustments, tho, I like you have a tree stand play gym and a swing and several perches I hope she doesnt get bored with all the time n energy thats gone into making them lol. Once I get them all home I'll take some pics of them :D