NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Funny & True!

Talon

This is one of the times I wish we could press the "thanks" button more than once!! I think my favorite part is

"Take some of that bird poop you borrowed from the bird supply store and place it on a spatula. Now reach over your shoulder with the spatula and rub the bird poop on the back of your shirt. Let dry and then go grocery shopping. Count the number of people who either stare at you or tell you that you have bird poop on your back.

Do a little dumpster diving and collect odd items like water bottle caps, pieces of raffia, tree branches from bird safe trees, pieces of cardboard and old plastic clothesline. With these items, attempt to make an interesting toy. You have 8 minutes. You may begin."

The whole thing is so funny & so, so true. Is there a way to make this some kind of permanent link?

that is hilarious!!!! Especially putting the bird poop on a spatula and reaching over your shoulder with the spatula and rubbing the bird poop on the back of your shirt. OMG! Hilarious. I was laughing out loud I bet my co-workers are wondering what the heck is up with me-lol

Edited by fidsandfrats

My first thought was to show my husband the picture, "Look honey, the bird has been trained to run the vacuum". Then in my current bruised finger and ego stinging position, I thought she should add to whack yourself on the fingernail with a hammer and that might come close to a little nip. Then laughed some more when I read on and she said "you hit the nail on the head". It wasn't in the same context but spot on with me nonetheless.

Lmao!!! They may add, buy new eye pencils, chomp them up and throw them away as soon as you come home! :-P

Thank you so much for this! It is hilarious!

Yes, let the list begin.....hairbrushes, laptop keyboards, remote control buttons....

• 1 month later...
Guest Jocelyn

As a potential new owner this made me think twice, I think we will still pursue a Grey but its awesome I had to think about it! Or is that a bad thing?

Jocelyn.... Its always a good thing, to make sure you are prepared for a grey. We are all just joking around, talking about our little devils! You are hearing the worst... not the best! Sophie is 12 now, doesn't destroy anything in the house, unless I give it to her.( and thats with open door policy!) Sure, she LOVES my purse, and I tend to go thru purses like crazy. She is obscessed with zippers! Sure she likes to get out my lipstick and throw it down to Zoey my pup who LOVES lipstick! " Here you go Zoey!" I come running! LOL I just give Sophie my hand-me-down purse, close the zipper, leave a surprise inside. She is thrilled!

They are just like children. You child proof as best as you can. Sophie is such a joy! I wouldn't trade a moment of listening to her try to repeat a song , calling for her ROM ( mom), giggling like crazy, the list goes on and on! Nancy

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That's a great post. Similar scare tactics I use when trying to scare off potential apprentices. Of course, I also make them close their eyes and put out their hands, into which I'll often place the entrails of whatever critter my birds are eating that day. :)

Walls textured with fruit and veggies and poo...heh. The good old days. Try walls textured with....well, you get the picture.

"Go to the bird supply store. Buy everything you need for the month. Then with the leftover money, go to the grocery store and pick up a five pound box of macaroni, some parmesan cheese and some margarine. This should last you about two weeks and it’s about all you’ll be able to afford after all that money you spent at the bird supply store"

Yep...that sounds about right.

~Rick

• 5 months later...

Oh, this was too funny! It makes me realize that either I'm really lucky or very tolerant! I love my greys' sounds in the morning and at night. I guess either they aren't screamers or I'm really hard of hearing, probably a combination of the two. The baby has a piercing call though, but hopefully she'll copy the rest of the family and not be too loud!