NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Five Facts

DawL

So the purpose of this game is to state 5 facts about yourself that others here may not already know. They can be anything at all, feel free to elaborate on them as well. I will start:

1. I am 29, but I feel younger.

2. I love music, and more than anything I listen to electronic music. Mostly Dubstep, and Drum and Bass.

3. My favorite thing to watch is Anime. Anything by Hayao Miyazaki, and I love Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Bleach, and Soul Eater to name a few shows.

4. I love to watch Adult Swim at night

5. I collect anything Hello Kitty, or Tim Burton (especially The Nightmare Before Christmas) and have a LARGE collection.

1. I will be 30 in 5 days...and mentally feel younger but physically feel older. :/

2. I was in the Air Force.

3. I am originally from Florida.

4. I am a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT), which basically means I run the lab tests that your dr orders.

5. I collect carousel horses and Barbies (started collecting with my grandma when I was 6).

1. I am a retired educator. I worked for the same school district for 35 years; 23 years as an art teacher (grades 7-12) and 12 years as the district technology coordinator.

2. My dad was in the Air Force. I lived in Alaska, Virginia, South Carolina, England, New Jersey, Illinois, Virginia (again) and Ohio.

3. I met my husband when I started teaching (we just celebrated our 35th anniversary) so we have never known life other than pretty much 24/7 together.

4. I have 5 children and 12 grandchildren. Number 13 is due the end of next month

5. My father-in-law (RIP) played professional football for the Steelers for 10 years.

1. I'm 20, but I've been an adult ever since I was a child due to family issues and illness.

2. There has never been a time in my life where I have not had some sort of companion animal.

3. I am completing my Bachelors in three years instead of four by taking 21 credits at a time, and summer/winter classes, while working full time to support my companion animals. I graduate in May.

4. I'm a vegan, but I'm not in your face about it, and, in fact, I am dating a big meat eater.

5. I like to think I'm a writer. I've done content writing for several Facebook games and cell phone games, and I'm currently writing a novel.

I've traveled to more than 20 countires. (partly for work as an English teacher).

I've written a musical based on The Hiding Place (Corrie Ten Boom) and a play that was performed at a local theater.

I accidentally ate dog once in the Philippines--ugh sorry!

I teach a US citizenship class for immigrants.

I was attacked by a pack of dogs in Romania and had to undergo rabies shots (not too bad these days--no longer in the stomach with a 10 inch needle)

• 11 months later...

I married my HS sweetheart and have been happily married for 25 years :D

I have sang in several bands and for years I performed at a local bar

I applied for a housekeeping job (at my current job) and got a management position

My dad was 6ft 8 (I sure didnt get those genes)

I am the team captain for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life Team @ work for the 5th year and have raised over $7,000 during that time

• 3 weeks later...

1. I was 31 5 days ago

2. I live in the Ashdown Forest in the UK, the famous pooh bridge is a 5 min walk from my house

3. I collect limited edition Me To You Bears, so my nick name from my friends has been BEAR for many years

4. I love cars, currently driving around in a Toyota MR2 roadster (hard top firmly on with this english weather right now)

5. I am scared of flying so havent been anywhere out of the UK apart from greece and spain :(

• 1 year later...

This is a great thread, I would like to see it resuscitated. I will list five more facts about me:

1. I am the second of 7 children in a family

2. I managed a legal office

3. I have been in several countries including China, France, England, Australia, Canada, Mexico...

4. I have had brain surgery

5. My oldest is a doctor

1. I have been in 48 states (not N. Dakota or Hawaii), Canada and Mexico but have never traveled overseas.

2. I have three sons and 3 grandsons (so far), four male cats and a male bird. That means I am definitely the queen, no other females here! ;)

3. I am ranked in the top 3% of bass players on Rock Band III (X-box).

4. I make my own bath soap, laundry soap, body lotion, candles, tarts etc. It's a hobby.

5. I have always wanted to open a restaurant since I love to cook, but don't want the hassle and risk involved.

Great thread - I've never seen it since being here:

1. I grew up on a cattle ranch in Northern New Mexico. Hardest 16 years of my life - by a long shot.

2. I was a U.S. Marine from age 17-24, participating in the Gulf War I or as I like to term it - the fight for Big Oil.

3. I put myself through college after the Marines and ended up as a telecommunications software engineer.

4. I took up bike racing (bicycle - like that famous cheat doper Lance Armstrong) when I was 35 after I started putting on weight at 31 in my new, first time in my life sedentary, office job.

5. I cycled the End-to-End route across the U.K. and then across The Netherlands and Germany when I was 38. It took 7 straight weeks to do it (4 weeks across the U.K. and 3 weeks to cross Netherlands and Germany).

1. My dog, Bunker Hill, and I were on the David Letterman show- Stupid Pet Tricks

2. My favorite city is Amsterdam

3. I live in Minnesota but was raised in Maryland

4. I work as an HR Director for a large food manufacturing company

5. I have two sons in their twenties; two birds, two dogs, and have been married twice.

1) Born in the UK

2) Moved often as a child growing up we raised an orphan sparrow, lost and injured animals often found their way to our house.

3) Married a Texan

4) Grew up and filled my dream job- zookeeper

5) Cancer Survivor!

6)adding one more to the list-our kids were raised helping with rescue work

Edited by Greywings

So far i have found out i am pretty boring...

1- my dad played baseball for the Red Sox and then Yankees in the mid 40's

2- married to the same amazing guy for 27yrs in just a few more months

3- got to tour a few towns on the bus with Judus Priest

4- lost my dad to suicide, mom to cancer and a brother to aids

5- soon will be opening our dream of an avian sanctuary

Wow, murfclck, I don't think that is boring at all!

1- born & raised in upstate NY.

2 - was in the Salk vaccine trails and got the placebo - got polio that summer.

3 - worked in Day Care most of my adult life

4 - when I adopted my daughter it was the first single adoption in my county.

5 - I had an aunt that had 23 kids - I know it is not me but I couldn't think of anything else interesting about me! LOL

No wonder this is such a vibrant caring forum. Our members are interesting and unique.

1. I grew up in a junkyard and once spent the summer disassembling, cleaning and reassembling an old International truck engine with a blown head gasket.

2. After I had two kids, I went to school to be an electrical engineer but pulled out for the third time for my husband's corporate moves in my last semester. I wanted to work on prosthetic hands. I did manage to get a computer science degree in the process.

3. Apparently I'm attracted to injured wild animals. Have nurtured and released raccoons, a skunk, a baby owl, a squirrel, an opossum, chipmunks, a tarantula and birds.

4. I swam in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Gulf of Mexico, Persian Gulf, Gulf of Oman and Caribbean Sea

5. I injured my spine water skiing at 19, have had a lumbar spinal fusion, fractured it when I fell off a scaffolding and had it redone from the front. I don't learn very quickly.

• 3 months later...

1. I am less than a month away from 50

2. I am currently in school going for a bachelors in Medical technology "Life is Greyt" - anything you can share with me about this career?

3. I used to be an art Director in Advertising - good riddance to that career!

4. When I was young I spoke to horses :)

5. Some of my best friends have been dogs.

• 1 month later...

1. I'm 22 . Not studying , have a lot of time to spoil my grey Chappie

2. I'm a Jockey (race horses) been racing for 2.5 years and exercise horses from 5am-8:30am then I have the rest of the day off unless I have races each week which can be 1-3 days a week.

3. I'm a gamer. I play on either pc, ps3 or ps4

4. I'm an identical twin

5. I love to travel and see new places and experience new experiences and cultures . So far I have been to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Greece including the Greek Islands.