NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Where did you get your grey???

LAURIT

• 1 month later...

I live in Ohio and bought my CAG, Buckeye, from a local bird store that gets all there birds from breeders they have a long standing relationship with. Buckeye came in when he was five weeks old and I bought him that very day and they have been handfeeding him and he will come home with me when he is fully weaned. He is now 13 weeks old and I go and visit him three times a week for a couple hours.

I have visited a lot of "bird stores" in our area and the one Buckeye is at is for sure the best, cleanest, most knowledgeable, friendliest one I have found.

I was a secret agent for a secret organization. We had a mission in a secret location. There was a spy who repeated everything he heard and needed to be brought down. He was very smart and was a flight risk so they sent their most elite agent (me) to elimate the spy. After carefully tracking this "spy" I fell in love with him and asked the leaders of the secret mission if I could keep him and they said yes. I named him Timmy and have had him for a year now!

I have three parrots. My TAG is 3 years old and I got her from a little old lady in Aberdeen, Washington. She was one of 5 siblings. Millie was a very dedicated breeder and we stayed in contact for over a year. My BF Amazon is now 3 1/2 years old and he is a re-home. He speaks Hindu and now learning English. His original owner was a male and when he became ill the wife moved Louie outside and then sold him to me. My CAG is 5 1/2 months old and I purchased him from Colton, Oregon from a couple of very devoted grey owners.

luvparrots, I almost got a bird from that Colton couple :) They are very selective about their "parronts" which I liked a lot.

I ended up going with a breeder out of Silverton called Whitewind Farms. We met Nancy at a bird show in Oregon and she just had the most amazingly sweet greys. Nancy was great to work with - she let us visit multiple times, walked us through her entire process of hatching and raising baby birds, let us handle all the birds and let them choose us, and just spent a ton of time talking and getting to know us. We feel like Nancy is our friend, not our breeder! We only wanted one grey at the time but we ended up with two when Gryphon's sister, Seraph, picked my husband and made it known. We almost came home with all three of Nancy's babies because they were all so adorable and sweet!

I was always nervous about a rehome and having the experience to adequately work with a rehomed parrot who might come with issues, but now I feel pretty confident I could do well with a rehomed bird. I get all the listings for african grey rehomes in the area on Craigslist and I want to adopt every single one, but a small house and a job and a grey who loves me with, um, a lot of beaky zest at times - encourage me to be more practical :) My husband tells me I would be "that crazy bird lady" if he didn't stop me, and I think he might be right!

• 2 weeks later...

My CAG and my mini Macaw were both rehomes..Joker, was a an older womans whos son went to college and left him....she no longer wished to care for him, and he was trying to bite their grandchild...Tia also was a rehome, my husband knew how much I wanted a grey and heard one for sale on the radio, he called me...I left immediately and have been happy ever since. I believe that she was too noisy for them....