NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My first Grey...finally!

hammco

they show up on my laptop and desktop...hummmm, weird. I will try to host them on picassa and send a link to an album so yall can see......by the way, I feel like today was a good day with Timmy! He let me know he wanted to be left alone about 3 times and I did so (pinning, hunched over, flashing, neck feathers fluffed.....I guess he just wanted to rest cause in bout an hour he rang his bell nonstop and i said step up and out he came, happy as heck! Also he was in and out of his cage throughout the day and didnt give me a problem goin back in to go to bed! I am learning patience guys, I promise!!!!

Nice work Hammco! It's about learning to understand your bird's language, and they DO communicate with us, very clearly. When we get bitten, it is usually because we don't speak the same language or chose to ignore it, as I learnt the hard way early on. There is no way you can force a grey to do something it doesn't want to do. Bribery often helps lol.

I can bribe with a Pringles chip VERY EASILY, but its fat and grease and I dont want to give him too much of that, so Ill keep trying until I find something healthy he likes (every treat I like is unhealthy, so I can relate to him, hahahaah).

I have the same problem with my Grey. She loves Cheetos and dill pickle flavored chips. I figured maybe it was the crunch factor that she loved so I tried unsalted oyster crackers and they were a hit! I tried some fruit flavored birdie treats that look exactly like her beloved Cheetos, but those were tasted once and soon ended up on the bottom of the cage. And a few days ago, while grocery shopping, I had a look around the infant foods to see if I could find something for her there for treats and found puffed cereal. Comes in a little container in all kinds of flavors and she loves the apples and strawberries. For $1.50 a container it's super cheep and doesn't have all the added fats and sodium of chips.

whenever we go out we leave a tv on or atleast the radio, normally more the tv so lilly can associate words with actions in normal speech. hoping she picks up words and whatnot along the way without feeling so alone when we have to run errends