NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I need help to find some good food

fritzysmom13

We've just moved to Germany and I have no idea where to go to get food for our grey here. The one store we were able to find no longer carries food for parrots, let alone grey's. So my question is , what is the best place online to shop for our birdy?

oh I'm new to this forum... so, HI!

Hi Fritzysmom, Welcome to our family. We'd love it if you introduced yourself in our Welcome Room. I'm sorry to say I am from the US, but I'm sure some other members can help you find it more easily.

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your grey. Please post pictures, we love them! :)

I would call around to some of the Veterinarians in your area. We were having a hard time finding food too, only to find our vet carries Harrison's! Maybe the vet's there have a good option for you... or can at least point you in the right direction! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I get most of my bird food from the grocery store. Veggies, fruit, brown rice, pasta, cornbread, ect...

I even buy human grade almonds. You don't have to feed pellets I threw a few in so that they well still eat them cause when my husband has to feed he won't do fresh food like I do.

What diet is your grey used to? If he is used to fresh foods, just increase them and add almonds,walnuts,cashews and some sunflower seeds.

I give mine a warm food in the morning of chick peas,brown rice,carrots and beans, like garbonzo or lima or perhaps some peas. I give them a square of brown toast and peanut butter in the morning too. They have a dried noodle at bedtime, They love figs fresh and dried and pomegranites(sp?).Make sure you are compliant with his vitamins and minerals while he is getting used to his new diet and routine. Good advice from the others to consult a vet. I'll bet if you look up on line what he is used to eating, they may tell you where to get it or even ship it to you. Large quantities can be frozen. Good luck in your new home to both of you.:)

The previous posts give you some good information, you should check them out.

Why don't you start a new thread in the welcome room and introduce yourself and your grey. We would like to hear a little more about you. You can also post a picture of your grey if you'd like.