NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Has anyone purchased chet womach's training video?

Kevin

I am just curious if this is a scam or legitimate. I googled him and got mixed reviews. I am curious if anyone has tried his techniques and/or if they were ripped off. I knew if anyone could answer the question it would be here. Thank you for your help....Kevin

I am glad that I asked the question here. I knew I could get some mixed results, however, from doing some research on the internet, reading my replies and having been burned once by a person named Wayne (I ordered a bottle brush tree to the tune of $362.00 sixteen months ago that never came) I will forgo this training video. Thank you all for your valuable input. I appreciate your taking the time to write down your opinions to me.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Kevin: I lost one of my posts to you, anyway, welcome to this forum - we are both new. Just read, read, read to learn from so many of these knowledgable, experienced bird owners on this forum. I have learned so much from reading these interesting threads. My CAG is 8 mo. old and it has been a learning experience. He seems to be a biter and has been from the beginning 4 mos. ago. My husband has a better bond with him, even tho I feed him and am with him all day every day. I am leary of him and he probably knows it. He is not noisy, sleeps well, plays alone alot, interacts with us, and is all around a great bird from some of things I read. Good luck with your bird - keep posting and learning. Donna

• 3 months later...
I am just curious if this is a scam or legitimate. I googled him and got mixed reviews. I am curious if anyone has tried his techniques and/or if they were ripped off. I knew if anyone could answer the question it would be here. Thank you for your help....Kevin

Check this out... apparently he is involved in the parenting video business as well, only under a different name, "Mac Strider". So he purports to be an experienced parrot trainer, dog trainer, and now, apparently, is an authority on child rearing. Only, he's doing that under a different name. This counts among "things that make you go hmm..."

Check out this video, he's wearing the same t-shirt, is behind the same table, and the camera is at the same angle as in a parrot-training video. This is disturbing to me. I've posted both videos here:

http://www.betterparenting.com/when-do-babies-sit-up/

http://www.birdtricks.com/blog/shower-speech-training/

I'm willing to bet he made both videos on the same occasion. This guy gives me the creeps. I wouldn't buy anything from either "Chet Womach" or "Mac Strider".

i was also ripped by womach brothers couple of websites lead me to their taming and training dvds and it was disappointing they show already trained birds show what to do for like 30 seconds and move to next and also for 2 months they charged me extra 40 bucks saying i choosed to enroll in some kind of monthly maintenance program. someone should make it known to potential buyers that womach s are scammers

• 10 years later...

I know this is another old thread but I've been reading through all these posts on the forums at night (as bedtime reading). I'm glad I came across this one as we were about to purchase products from the Bird Tricks people. Thank you everyone for contributing your information on this and providing more insight!

On a side note, @shanlung, I love reading your live journals! Your relationship with your parrots are my goals with my birds. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2020 at 3:45 AM, Rhubarb Pie said:

I know this is another old thread but I've been reading through all these posts on the forums at night (as bedtime reading). I'm glad I came across this one as we were about to purchase products from the Bird Tricks people. Thank you everyone for contributing your information on this and providing more insight!

On a side note, @shanlung, I love reading your live journals! Your relationship with your parrots are my goals with my birds. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Thank you!  I accidently got back into this forum as I was hunting down the URL for the first visit of Dommie to Omer.

Easier for me to google hunt than to dig through my livejournal , and that lead me back into this forum here here

// Dommie at Omer//kitties// Riamfada and 3 turns on dime

https://shanlung.livejournal.com/118669.html

And I log in and noticed your call to me.

I write a lot now in Facebook.

Especially as I finally accepted my friend  Charles begging me to take his grey in  Sep 2019.

That poor grey spend all her life at end of chain, at least 12 years.

For 5 years, she attacked and bite the first keeper until she was sold for a song to Charles.

Who then was attacked and biten for another five years until he begged me just to take her.  I did not want to as I knew well 

the responsiblity I got to take, and no travelling to Taiwan and other parts of the world.

Only when C19 hit us as I knew travelling days over, that I accept the grey in July this year.  And that was when I gave her the name of Vorna, the good witch 

of Rigante world and she was the first to see Riamfada running to the ancient tree.

Vorna bite and nailed me most painfully in her first 2 months as I fought the battle for her heart and mind.

And she decided me and my wife do not deserved the biting and nailing and became sweet to us, sweeter to my wife.

And at end of September 2020, Vorna was on my shoulder and did not chomp my ear off

https://www.facebook.com/shanlung/posts/10158787964993421

Vorna was brutally clipped in asymmetrical way and I hoping for her to molt and regain her gift of flight.

Wish us luck

Edited by shanlung
  • Like 1