NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our pair of Vosmaeri Eclectus :)

Bear

Here are some pics of our pair of Ekkies. They are 6 and 4yrs old :) We bought them from a guy who wasn't caring for them properly, because they were going to end up somewhere terrible, the female was a mess when we got her, quite bald with terrible feather condition. She is looking much better now. Ted the boy is stunning :)

They are now wanting to breed however, the female was laying eggs, so we have sent them to a good breeder who has a huge avairy...and Lily, the girl Ekkie, has laid 3 eggs in 3 days...so they are very happy!

Here are some pics of them with us:

6abf4cd8.jpg

26cddcf9.jpg

0d856aa9.jpg

529270fc.jpg

fca16029.jpg

ad12af0f.jpg

eb015bee.jpg

They are both very sweet! Lily was very nervous when we first got her but settled after a week or so. Ted just lvoed everyone from the start, I think he was just so happy to get attention and be allowed out of his cage! :D

• Haha 1

They are gorgeous!, I had tried to take a pair from my cousin when he was moving ( the male loved my boyfriend) but the female hated us and started mutilating herself it was so sad :( she would chew on her foot and make herself bleed whenever we would enter the room, so they never came home with us :) I would love to have one own me someday lol

Oh Lily and Ted are just too beautiful. I have a re-homed male ekkie, Sully, who unfortunately is a terrible plucker. I have had him for a year and he is getting much better about leaving his feathers alone. I have no idea how old he is at least 9-10 years probably. He is very affectionate to me so I can no longer handle him with my hands. I hope to find him a wife so he can have someone to love although I don't want to breed them. So that is the problem. Anyhow, thank you for sharing the loving couple. I love to see how Sully hopefully will look one day as Ted is absolutely handsome.

Thanks for the resposnes, Ted is indeed a beauty! Lily looked really bad when we first got her and was very aggressive for the first week, in that it was a mission to even feed and water her. She was just scared though. After a week she chilled and became very sweet.

They both talk, Ted says 'I love you', 'Stop it' and 'Hello' and Lily says 'Hello' and 'I love you monster' ....Teds nickname :)

It was a very difficult decision to send them to a breeder but Lily was laying eggs and really wanted to breed, and well they are in love now and both very happy. We are going to see them soon :) We just didn't want the responsiblity of chicks and finding homes for them, and I didn't want to have to keep them apart for the next 40yrs, so it was the best option :)

I don't think I could have given them up.

:eek: "... it didn't sound that way in my head!"

I bred tiels & that's tons easier than ekkies & I got you were sending them to a better environment right way.

Maybe I should have said, "It would have broken my heart to have to part with them."

I'm sorry if it doesn't read that way. :o

• 4 years later...