NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ana Grey and Solomon's New Room

Luvparrots

I finally finished my fids new aviary so without further ado . . . .

003-9-1.jpg

Sully and Ana Grey chill'n out in their new crib.

017-3-2-1.jpg

Sully is always sneaking over to Ana Grey's cage, I don't know why, they are identical!!!! Go figure!!!!<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/06/12 20:02

Bailey, I love this style cage!!! It is an EZCare Playtop Cage for medium birds. The entire front panel swings open for easy cleaning. The bars are non-toxic powder coated. The ceramic crocks are heavy and easy to clean. Newspaper fits great in the cage trays (top and bottom) without folding anything. To me that is worth gold. I store birdie necessities on the bottom shelf. Pet Solutions.com had them on sale for $299 when I brought Sully's cage a month ago. I put small toys in the two crocks on top. I would recommend this cage to anyone looking for a cage for medium sized birds.<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/06/12 03:02

Very nice it looks like your birds get along fairly well thats great you've done a wonderful job of decorating their cages your birds must think their in birdy heaven great job hows Solomon doing hashe stopped plucking if he hasn't yet I'm sure he will with all those toys he has to play with he won't have time to think about plucking. I'll bet he will be fully feathered in no time. he's such a pretty bird.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts!!! Most of the toys were purchased before Ana Grey came home. Sully doesn't play with toys very much. I'm hoping once he is really comfortable here, he will relax and play more.

Pat, Sully hasn't plucked at all. I see new feathers and fluff every day. I am so hopeful that he will be fully feathered in no time. :) And yes they seem to get along all right. Of course, neither is flighted and I still keep an eagle eye on them.

Janet, I love it.You have done a great job.I have always wanted to turn my smallest bedroom into a bird room. It would be fantastic in the winter when I cant get mine into the outside aviary,hmm I feel a project forming.

You have given the insperation to do this I'm going to turn my spare room into a bird room Its just used for the computer room right now. I don't use that computer at all because I have my own notebook. My daughter has was used to be the master bedroom and so her bedroom is quite large there wood be no problem putting the compter in her room since she's the only one that uses it any way and then I could give the computer room to the birds it would be wonderful. I would have tons more room and I could put a couple playstands where there cages are right now so if they wanted some one on one time with me they could come and play on the play stands. I think I'll do that this weekend.

Pat, the bird room does make life so much easier. I just sit on my rolling stool and clean the cages in one easy swoop. When its bedtime I just turn out the light and close the door. Ana Grey and Sully seem to love it a lot. My office is also so much easier to clean without Ana Grey's cage in it. Have fun redoing one of your rooms!!!!