NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How do u hang toys from the ceiling

I've mentioned it to my dad a few times and he is VERY reluctant to put hooks or the like up into the ceiling so i can hang toys and swings for tigerlily.

my ceiling is airtex and my dad recons he'd have to find the beam in the ceiling to screw anything to.

i thought about using the "no more nails" stuff but a guy at B&Q said it would just pull the airtex straight off.

HOW DO U GUYS GET UR TOYS HANNGING FROM THE CEILING???

I don't know what airtex is...but I put a hollow wall fastener in, then screw an eye hook into it. The last thing you want to have happen, is for your bird to be on something and have it fall out of the ceiling..:ohmy: :(

• 3 weeks later...

I use the hollow wall ceiling hooks the have a butterfl bolt that opens up to so you don't have to find a stud only instead of using the hoos that come with it I use loog eye hooks and screw them into the butterfly bolt than hang my toys fron that its easy and works well it does make a hole in the ceiling bot a little plaster and its good as new, I own my home and have no intentions of moving anytime soon so If I have hooks every where in my house so that my birds can be happy its fine with me I don't have much floor space left due to the size of their cages so most of their playgyms and swings boings orbits and Atoms all hang from my ceilings the birds just love it they fly around from one to anotherto another and get a ton of excersize One day when I get ambishous I'll turn my guest room into a playroom for them but that will have to be a little later as there is so much stuff in there that I have to get rid of first