NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

OMG! GUESS WHAT?!

Eckobird

My 15 week old CAG, Ecko, said his name!!!!! AHHHHHHHH I can't believe it... I didn't believe it... but its truuueeee!!! So yesterday I was at my moms house and we were sitting on the couch and Ecko was on the back of the couch making little noises. And all of a sudden he said in a low voice Ec-ko and we both turned our heads at the same time and looked at him. I was like did he just say his name??? She said she heard it too!! I was SHOCKED, I couldn't believe it because he is so young. I called my boyfriend and he was so upset he missed his first word. But today my boyfriend was at home with him and he was on his swing chirping away and he said all of a sudden he said Ec-koooo, he called me just as excited as I was so now I know its true, he can say his name! I am so excited! It must be an easy word to say. I hope he says it more so I can record him. :)

Anyways heres some updated pictures of him, thanks for listening to my excitement. :P

Playing on his swing

SDC10988.jpg

Flying to his boing

SDC10981.jpg

Chillen on his boing

SDC10982.jpg

Here is another favorite flying picture.

SDC10980.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/05/17 01:01

Hannah I would love the same thing with Josey but she just doesn't like being on her back and so I have to respect that, some do and some don't. I have one consolation though, my sun conure will lay upsidedown in my hand and I didn't have to teach her that, she will just lay there when I put her on her back.

Thank you all so much! I am very excited. Everytime he starts to make noises I stop and listen to him to see if he says it again.

Hannah - Ecko really doesn't like to lay on his back but I have been working with him everyday and yesterday was the first time he stayed like that long enough to get a picture. So he is slowly getting use to it. Just flip your baby upside down everyday and maybe he will like it too. :)

Its wonderful news I can't wait for Adaya to sayher first words she mumble and talks baby talk all the time. She likes to be on her back also I have a couple birds that I can do that with. once they get the hang of it the really seem to like it with Adaya I stated with cuddling her on my chest and then just leaned forward till she was laying down and the I just left her laying on my hand and leaned myself back ward and contiued to pet her she got used to it really quickly now if she's sitting beside me and I'm petting her I just roll her over and she just lays there. its sweet and they are so trusting when they're young they will allow anything as long as its possitive attention.

No he hasn't learned any new words. And I still haven't heard him say his name again :dry: Maybe he was just testing me lol. He does all kinds of different noises. I taught him to do the wolf whistle. He also does the microwave beep and I heard him laugh once, it was funny! I love watching him learn, its so cool! :)

I swear that I heard Ana Grey say "hello" plain as day when she was about 4.5/5 months old. Never heard it again, go figure! But she mumbles a lot so we'll see! If she never talks I'll know she is content and wants for nothing, so has no need to talk!!!! :( :blink: :laugh:

chimaysmommy wrote:

OMG Caitlin I can't believe I missed this post....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! That is SO exciting!!!

Thank you Cindy! It was very exciting but it happened so quick and unfortunately he never said it again. I think he was just testing me haha. But he does mimic a lot of new things now and it is so cool to listen to him. He does the microwave beep, the wolf whistle, kisses, my moms telephone ring, and some noises that Slater makes. Slater has learned how to say Ecko's name and I'm sure he will be encouraging Ecko to say it soon. :laugh: