NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

grey fever

annmarie

Nope Judy couldn't talk me out of anything lol. It was a decision that me and MY family made together. My breeder said it was up to me what I wanted to do. She didn't talk me out of anything nor did she talk me into it. I am happy wth my decision and feel VERY blessed to have two fo them from the same clutch. I had ALOT of support from some of the other members on here who were very HAPPY with my choices.

I can't wait to hear about your baby and how he's developing. My two twins are starting to fly and Ahmani(our girl) is making kissing sounds now lol.

Patricia

Thanks for letting me know what harness you have..I like the sound of it..I will look it up on line. Taking her a walk is so darn cute! Probably keeps her nails manicured :)

Too bad you lost out on the out door aviary...it really sounded nice!( and big) and what a fabulous price..wow!! I am sure there will be another opportunity for you..just keep checking local papers, yard sales etc... one will pop up sooner or later. The one we are ordering is 1200.00 It's 5 foot hexagon shape..not huge at all, but it will be big enough to put different level perches, boings and other toys to chew and forge for him, and one day a possible second bird. it will be perfect when we spend time in the yard over the summer for Alex to be near us, getting fresh air and playing. ( hope he likes it)

Your adventure pack looks pretty neat..let me know how it goes and how they like it... speaking of traveling in style!...I would say you have very spoiled, much loved babies:)

Ann Marie

Ann Marie

Annmarie, I have an outside aviery for my birds and it is the best thing I ever did.Mine love it and I love the time I get the house back to clean up or get jobs done.Have a look on my profile page.It is a similar size to the one you are getting.<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2009/05/11 20:54

Carol, I think maybe Judy did not want you to be overwhelmed. Everyone knows their own limits and what they can take on or what they want to take on, I am a true believer in that... kind of like only bite off what you can chew..lol I know you are very happy and I am very happy for you... I know you can do it and you will be just fine. they are both beautiful babies and I can't wait to hear all about them when they come home. It was exciting to hear they are flying! love the giving kisses part :) Your almost there Carol!!

Ann Marie

Yes it was custom built.Blue is my cousins grey who I bird sit,Charlie is my grey and Cracker is my tiel.I would love to see how blue would react to the aviery but as he is a very old man,40+ I wont take the chance.My birds love it though.I got a cargo net the other week for the aviery but Charlie is petrified of it so I had to take it down.I have vines and logs in it and rope swing.I like the look of yours.Your grey is going to be so spoilt.<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2009/05/11 22:05

sorry for my confusion..wow! 40+ years old..that is amazing!!! I love yours..can't beat custom built! You have a lot of fun things in yours for Charlie & Cracker, I can see why they love it. We have a tiel also, 'Freddie' he is my daughters bird and a real sweetie! I want to do the same for Alex (and Freddie if he will like it) ..lots of nature kind of things to make it fun for him and to keep him from being bored...he will probably hate coming back in, especially in the winter when he can't go out at all..way too cold here (ny)..hmmm cargo net..that was a great idea..I guess you used that instead of the birds play nets?? Maybe if you put beads and some of the things that Charlie is familiar with, he will not be so afraid?? Just a thought. I wanted to get one of those nets also.. they had a web site in how to make them...it will fun to try, and if not..shopping on line here I come :)

great sharing with you!!

Ann Marie