NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A question about bathing...

Journeyman

I've had Cosmo, my 3 year old male CAG for over 2 years now. I have a question, I'd like your experienced opinion,...what is the best way to safely bathe a Grey? I've read up on the subject, even on this site. Misting, "over the counter" spray baths, I've even looked for an in-cage bird bath big enough for him (can't find one) He doesn't like the shower, no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

i use for bonek(CAG)bath big glass pan bake,get from safeway!!!but 1st i spray him little and he will take shower by him self...Good lock:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:<br><br>Post edited by: bonek, at: 2009/05/09 00:21

I'm not experienced with greys, only had mine for 5 1/2 months but I bottle spray Ana Grey 2 days with Aloe Vera and water and bathe her on the 3rd day in my sink. I use lukewarm/cool water and plug the sink and run a small stream of water from the tap. I let the water run over Ana Grey's back and splash the water in the sink all over her except her head, being very careful not to get water in her ears or nostrils. I let the water fill so that it covers about 2/3 of her body, she likes it and doesn't seem to mind the softly splashed water. She gets soaked and I wrap her in a towel for a little pat drying (I believe this also helps her not to be afraid of a towel in case a vet needs to towel her). I then put her on her cage playtop and she flaps her wings and fluffs her feather in front of her avian light to dry herself. This is when she is most vocal. Probably telling me how I ruined her do!!! :laugh: I hope this helps, it does work for Ana Grey and me!

Tobie just sits in the bottom of the tub. I put him in after the shower is on - not as warm as I would like but not cold either. I put him in by the drain so he can walk in under the spray as he wishes and I stop the drain so there will be a little water (an inch or two) in the bottom of the tub. He often just walks in under the spray and sits there letting the spray run over him. Other times he has a pool party and dances around with his feathers fluffed spreading his wings. I let him do what he wants. Here is a cute video I just found the other day of a bird who really likes his bath.