NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Foods your grey "should" eat but won't

Joolesgreyuk

As I enjoyed your answers to my previous post on foods so much I have decided to bore you all once more. So any foods that you think are a dead cert your grey will/should love but refuses point blank to eat.

I'll start off with Beau's food nono's: pine nuts, kiwi fruit and toast - with or without butter lol! I'm sure there are one or two more he had turned his beak up at but I can't think to order also it's early days with him yet and I'm sure there'll be many more he'll refuse in the future.

FAO the mods, please let me know if you think I'm posting too much rubbish on here lol! :unsure:

Chimay is a freaking piglet....there is nothing he won't eat, EXCEPT the one food item that his vet recommended. Yogurt! He absolutely won't touch the stuff. During his first vet visit, the Dr. recommended 1/2 spoonful of yogurt per day for him to get a certain bacteria level under control. I tried and tried, and successfully hid it in his birdie bread a few times but he figured me out. By the time his follow up vet visit rolled around, his bloodwork came back just fine so I'm not worried about yogurt anymore.

That's easy. Ollie won't eat anything that is healthy. Saying that, I have just managed after five years to get him to eat pellets, but every day, I put in his veggie dish and he methodically drops every piece onto the floor!!! Bless his little cotton socks.

Tobie wont eat carrots very well. Once in a while he will eat carrots. Sweet potatoes he used to eat but wont eat anymore. I know these are things that he should eat, but isn't it funny that they grow underground. Is any self respecting grey parrot going to dig in the dirt to eat plant roots???:blink: