NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Full Bowels!

JillyBeanz

Harvey is now 17 weeks old and his new "habit" is not to pooh in his cage. He holds it in until he is let out of his cage. I'm really worried as if he goes to bed at 20.30 hours, he sometimes won't be actually let out of his cage again for 16 hours or more - this is only a couple of times week this length of time in his cage - but at other times he's out most of the time. Usually his poohs are just small amounts, but the ones he "releases" when he poohs on his play stand are immense (probably 6 - 7cm in diameter). Surely this is uncomfortable? Will this harm him and does anyone have any tips as to how I can "make him" go? Cheers. Jill x

Greys do hold their poo overnight, that is why we refer to the morning bomb, it is a big one due to holding it all night, its probably a safety measure as when they are in the wild they don't want to give away their position to any predators below.

Thank god ours grew out of that, they only did it when they were really young. I dreaded opening the cage door in the morning as Rangi always had me in his sights and he would leap onto me and poop all down me. I even tried running one time, but he caught me.

My baby grey does this too. There is hardly ever any poo in his cage but when we take him out, he goes straight to the rugs to poo on them :angry:. I don't understand why he chooses to go on the small rugs and not on the tile where its easy to clean up. What a little devil :evil: