Pictus Geckos

Newton~2 years old

aanewton2.jpg

Winter~1 year old

aawinter_2.jpg

Miniature Schnauzer

Sandy~3 years old

cutie2.jpg

We keep her trimmed, we don't like the long beard and eyebrows that schnauzers are supposed to have. I don't think Sandy likes it either ;)

Guest Monique

What do you do with the geckos and what do you feed them? My youngest daughter (10) LOVES anything reptilian-like. She had a hermit crab and then I talked her into a Guinea Pig :) which she really loves her Guinea Pig but she would have much rather had some sort of lizard, iguana, or snake. I was just too scared to go that route.

Hi Monique.. I had a 6 foot Boa Constrictor when I was a teen... Fed it white rats.. Hated doing that.. and ended up giving the snake away because of it.. One time I got a white rat and fell in love with the rat..:P True story.. I let the rat go and gave the snake away...

No lizard, no snakes and no iguanas. Many years ago my daughter had a tarantula she kept in a large aquarium tank with a screened cover. That thing was as big as your hand but it was not at my house for long, she moved out and took it with her, thank god, because it finally got out one day and she never found it. Glad it was not at my house.:ohmy:

Monique, I mostly just use them to take pictures...lol. Xanadu, the biggest one is the only tame one in the bunch...but she's also the oldest. I feed them silkworms and meal worms. We used crickets when we first got Xanadu but I couldn't stand them...when one would get loose, I'd run into the other room. I HATE CRICKETS!!! Silkworms are the most nutritious food you can feed them...I dust the worms with calcium powder...like shake-n-bake...Leopard Geckos are a great starter gecko...get an adult if you are planning to get one...one that's tame...then later get babies...it's fun to watch the babies change..you never really know what you're going to get when you buy babies.

Eeeew! I and a roommate had snakes, lizards, years ago. Had a snake get out for 2 months before I found it behind some books on the bookshelf still alive. I hated feeding them live crickets, or goldfish! Yuk! Gave them all away when I moved. Never again!! :sick:

Guest islandgirltexas

WOW..BEAUTIFUL PICS AND ANIMAL. YOU ARE SO LIKE US...WE HAVE HAD ONE BEFORE AND ASSORTED SNAKES AND FERRETS AND ALL SORTS OF COOL ANIMALS. I EVEN FEED THE SPIDERS HERE IN MY YARD IF A LARGE ONE HAS A NEST. THROW HER FLYS AND ANTS..AMAZING TO WATCH. I HAVE A WHOLE ECO SYSTEM IN MY YARD I TRY HARD TO KEEP BALANCED. I ONLY KILL ROACHES AND ANTS..LOL...AND MOSQUTOS. I EVEN HAVE A FAMILY OF BATS THAT LIVE IN MY PALMS..SO I DON'T TRIM THEM. GREAT TO WATCH AT NIGHT EAT THE BUGS!

Well I don't go quite that far to only kill roaches, ants and mosquitos but then I am not feeding the wildlife like you are. I guess it can be fascinating to watch. I like to watch the hummingbirds come to my feeders and chase each other around.:cheer: