NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- An African Gray parrot has bee

marrocco

If she can prove that she is the origanal owner of that bird I beleive that bird should be returned to her I also think that she should compansate the other woman for the three years that she loved and took care of it. The least she could do is pay 1/2 the cost of another bird so mabie the other woman can get a bird for herself. I think that would be fair

If the finder of the bird made a diligent effort to find the original owner, i.e., advertising in a well-circulated newspaper for at least two weeks in the area in which she found the bird, and the owner made no like effort to find her bird, the finder would probably get to keep the bird. If the finder did not make a diligent effort to find the owner and the owner did advertise then it should be returned to the original owner because she had no way of knowing where her bird was being held. Of course, another way would be to have each woman call the bird simultaneously and whichever lady the bird chose to fly to would get to keep it. Someone will be hurt no matter what. So sad.<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/04/06 20:28

I like Tyco's mom's idea. The poor woman who had to give up the bird might have had the bird longer than the original owner. She should be compensated some way and get a bird of her own if her heart's not too broken. I think the bird would probebly naturally fly to the most recent owner.

Sad story,Microchipping proves ownership and it is my belief it should be done. I also like Pats idea,the lady has cared for the parrot for a long time and must now be very close to it.Infact if it was my bird that is what I would do. I think I may also concider leaving it with the new carer if it was happy and getting the best care possible on the understanding that it came back to me if cetcumstances changed. Its a hard one for all involved.

luvparrots wrote:

........to have each woman call the bird simultaneously and whichever lady the bird chose to fly to would get to keep it........

I think this is the best solution. After all, we are not only talking about the people's best interest here but mainly the bird's.

Ya can microchip a bird? I had it done with my puppy, and they used a HUGE needle. It wasn't so much a needle as a hollow steel tube with a wicked sharp point on it. It hurt her when it went in, and bled a bit. Is it safe for a bird?