NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

HOW OLD IS YOUR BIRD?

TopalBird

Ziva is 6 years old. I have had her almost 2 weeks. I am her second human. The first one is now 91 and can no longer take care of her. I'm not really sure why someone 85 years old would buy a baby grey but she did.

I'm hoping Ziva lives long enough for me to pass down to my daughter. Hopefully in 40 years, my daughter who will be 55 then, will finally be responsible enough to care for Ziva! (because she sure isn't now!) :P

No, I haven't had Topal all these years, but I have known him since I was a kid. Me and hubby grew up together, a block apart. I always thought Topal was an awesome bird because of his wide vocab. His family had 4 birds in all. They had a horrible screaming cockatoo, a Mc Caw who died, and a little green bird who was eaten be the dog. The Mc Caw did not talk much. The little green one was just a baby when he was killed. The Cockatoo said "hello" and screamed, thats it. Anyhow, My MIL did not want Topal anymore, so me and my husband took him home one day. He had been living all alone in her home. It was being fed a few times a week. Poor bird..I know. I have had him for almost 2 months, I think. He has consumed much of my time. I love just sitting and observing him. He doesn't let me touch him though. Nobody can. I bet all you guys with young birds feel like new mothers.

Bless you for taking Topal out of an environment that was no longer optimal for him. The trust will come.

Dorian is 5, and I've had him almost 1 1/2 years. I'm already scoping out my cousins' kids for his future caregiver. Got my eye on one that wants to be a vet. I just have to convince her she can treat birds AND horses (her current obsession-she's 7):P

Kookie is 5 years now, hes bben with me since 1.5 months. He didnt like to be touched before but now hes very happy when I scratch him. It takes time to trust and bond I guess and every day we closer...

I wonder If he would stay with me till hes 35, I would be 68 then...

{Nature-00020095}{Nature-00020095}

Guest jamalbirdbiz

Molly iz 16 and Marvin iz 8. Most parrotz dye young becauze of the moneymaking espect of the bird biz - lotz of breederz sellz them to anyone with the cash oh la, and lotz of breederz dont kare to educate the buyer about all of there baSIC needz. Poor molly waznt even given a name :evil: when she worked as a breeder for the breeder guy who wanted to put her down for not mateing any more. He said she waznt a pet so whyz name her. :evil:

Jamal