NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Darwin is Home!!

cf737

Oh I've been meaning to post all week but have been so caught up in my little munchkin I haven't had the time! Get ready for a long winded one....:blush:

The breeder I picked Darwin out from has gotten very close to my boyfriend and myself in the past two months and it hit me last week....

My boyfriend was at the breeders last Saturday playing with his Amazon, Sammy, and I got a really strange text saying that we needed to talk about something. A few hours later and I finally convinced him to tell me what it was. He said that Darwin was ready to come home tomorrow (last Sunday). Apparently they had been tricking me for the past 3 weeks and I got to take him home a week earlier than anticipated!!!!

I have now had Darwin for a week as of today and let me tell you, I love the little guy to pieces. He has tried so many different foods. Right now his favourites are banana, green beans, broccoli, leaf lettuce, squash and sweet potato. He also loves banana chips and mango. He eats everything readily and curiously and loves to try new foods. Now's the time, right!

I took him to the vet on Friday and all is well. He is 360 grams and has gained a little weight.

He loves foot toys and has a ton of them. I can't stop buying him things!

One more thing, I hope I'm not boring you to death....

He had supper with the whole family tonight for the first time and was such a good boy! He sat happily on his perch and ate some rice and baby food and did step up practice with everyone. He makes the cutest noises when you scratch his neck and will let my dad flip him upside down, too!

My that was long I apologize I'm just so excited he's finally home!

Thanks for sharing this with me!

Cassandra:lol:

Yes we need pictures here please Cassandra!!

I completely understand how you could get caught up with your new baby, Darwin and what a nice surprise that you got him a little early.

You sound like you are having the time of your life, glad to hear it is all going well for you and Darwin.

Now pictures please!!!:whistle:

That wasn't long, you should see some of my posts:laugh: And it certainly was not boring. Darwin sounds like he is a true joy and willing to try all sorts of new things. You are in for a lifetime of happiness!

And yes, please...we need pictures.:silly:<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2009/03/30 01:59

Is'nt it wonderful to finally have your little one home to snuggle and play and love to pieces It gets better and better as weeks go by they learn so much and they are just a joy to have around I've had my baby for a about a couple of weeks now and s/he growing so fast I can hardley keep up I hope mine does as well at eating as yours is mines not weaned yet but I'm trying as many new kinds of fuits and vegetables as I can and so far s/he love the Zupreem fruity pellets best and broccoli :laugh: