NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Harness

skeeterhawk1960

Raposa, check out the thread "Baxter Uses Aviator Harness for the 1st Time" - (still in the live list now) - Erika gave some good tips for making progress with the harness. Maxi's been a notorious harness-phobe, too, but I'm inspired to work a littel harder on it now!

I'm going to harness train Shady really early like as soon as s/he gets big enough to wear one I think than it will be very easy. I think breaders should harness train the baby's before sending them home. or at least put a harness on them a couple time so they aren't scared of them.

I just got Baxters harness last week and we are doing pretty good. I watched the video that came with it and it had a lot of good points but I knew I would not be able to put the harness on the way they showed in the DVD. I watched some youtube videos on how they put it on and it really helped me alot. We tried some more and I really happy with our progress. Good luck everyone. Keep trying.

Baxter's mom, (I watched some youtube videos on how they put it on and it really helped me alot. We tried some more and I really )

What you tube videos are you talking about. I still have to kind of sneak the loop around Tobies head and he will bite me if he can before I can move my hands. After I get that part done he is ok, but then he grabs the strap around his chest with his feet if he can some times. He's only had it on three or four times. Maybe the you tube videos will help.

Put Ana Grey's harness on today and immediately took her outside. We sat in the sunshine, with Ana Grey munching on apple. She was so busy munching on her apple she forgot all about the harness!!!:woohoo: All in all a good afternoon. If the weather is sunny tomorrow we'll do it again.:silly: I'll try to remember the camera so I can get a picture or two!!<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/03/30 06:37