NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Yet another Grey fan

Hello everyone, I just stumbled across your community and decided to join. I'm 19 and have a Congo African Grey Named Shaggy, but I call him "Doodle Bird" hence the username. I also live with a Blue and Gold Macaw named Scooby.

Shaggy just turned 2 in January, and Scooby will be 4 this December. I'll try and get pictures of them up soon.

Thank you all for reading this and for having such a great community!

Hello Doodle and welcome to the family, so glad you found us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Shaggy.

Have you had Shaggy since he was a baby? Does he talk?

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads and don't hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Please do share some pictures of Shaggy and Scooby when you get the chance.

I've had Shaggy since the day he hatched. I remember when he was just a little pink squawking "chicken nugget" I've hand fed him and I can proudly say that he's my best friend.

He does talk, but getting a Grey to talk when you want them too is a feat in itself :laugh: his favorite phrase right now is "I'll give you a war you won't believe." followed with a laugh. I'm still trying to figure out where he learned that one.

Hello Doodle and welcome to the forum! So glad you could join. Its nice to meet another person my age on here. What's your name? My name is Caitlin and I'm 20 years old. I am getting a CAG in a week and I am really excited! S/he is going to be 8 weeks old so I will be hand feeding it also. I fell in love with my moms CAG so I had to get one of my own! They are just such wonderful creatures! Anyways welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do. I can't wait to see some pictures of Shaggy and Scooby!

Guest jamalbirdbiz

Welcome to the grey family. Great site for 411 and lotz of great gamez 2. Lotz of nolledgeable members 2.

Jamal

welcome to the family I have a 6year old CAG and a 6 week old Cag I am hand feeding my baby also. I also have a severe Macaw, Yellow crowned Amazon and a few other birds as well. I would love to see some pics when you get a chance. I'd also like to here how you actually got shaggy as soon as he hatched that is very rare. Did something happen to make the baby get pulled from the nest at such a young age

The breeder I got him from had a bit of bad luck and some major health issues and had to be hospitalized so I had to take him home earlier than expected. But everything worked out great and I have a happy, healthy, and hyper Grey.