NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Veggies

birdlover111

My birds prefer frozen veggies also alot of time i'll cook a yam or a sweet potato and then mash frozen mixed veggie's in with them my birds gobble it down like it was the best thing they have ever eaten. I love to watch them eat like that. with their beaks just covered in food and their heads don't come up until its gone.:laugh:

so can u tell me what we need to do with frozen stuff... do we just put loose a handful of frozen veggies in bowl & the leave for the day - this will defo keep fresher too as they will need to thaw out first before the freshness of veg starts going....

anyone now if palm oil is good for greys as this comes from palm nut that greys love but the palm oil is like a wax form & is used as we use oil for cooking - this is used in african culture for cooking - and they are originally from africa / congo.... so is this good for them or not?

cheers emma & sensei...

I wouldn't leave frozen veggies in their bowl all day, they will spoil and sour in a couple of hours, you can give them in the evening when you can remove what she doesn't eat. I would steam them a little and offer them warm and then later you can remove the leftovers.

Now you can put fresh veggies in their bowl and leave all day, most of them will be ok.

Red palm oil is what we give our greys, its very good for them and when it is cold it is more like a wax but heat it and it turns a liquid that is very orangeish red that you can add to other foods as they usually won't eat it like it is. Some members even put some over their pellets before offering them to their greys.

I have been taken a hand full out of the freezer and putting them in a bowl or hot water to defrost them. Once they are defrosted i put them in ricos veggie bowl and give it to him. He gets veggies in the am and the pm.

I leave seed or pellet in his cage all day and night.