NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Couple of Questions I can't Find Answers For

Guest Lidia

Guest Lidia

If I'm posting this in the wrong place, I apologise. I'm not quite sure about things yet.

Is there a way to stop the email notifications when someone posts to a thread I have posted in? It's not that I'm not interested in the responses, just that I'll check in as a matter of course and the emails could bulk up my webmail account.

I tried to attach a JPEG photo to one of my posts, and even though I reduced it in size to about 10kb, it wouldn't upload. What am I doing wrong?

Again, if this is in the wrong place, sorry.

Click on "my profile" then scroll all the way down and you will see the subscription area. You can either unsubscribe individually or all at the same time. Next time you post, be sure to uncheck the "subscribe" box just above the submit buttons. I have the very same problem, in a hurry to post and forget about the box.

I'm not sure about the pictures, because I use Photobucket.

Guest Lidia

Thanks guys, much appreciated, and I'm a she not a he!

Thumper:angry:

ps. Joshua is a he.:blush:<br><br>Post edited by: Thumper, at: 2007/06/08 12:42

Guest Lidia

Hi Caesarsdad,

I don't know why I put it in as a user name when I was registering and didn't use my own name, no one has ever called me Thumper! I don't know what dark cellar in my brain it came out of. Is it possible to change my user name to my own name (Lidia)? I feel silly, now, signing off as Thumper.:sick:

Lidia

Guest Lidia

This is an entirely self-serving and selfish question and request: is it possible to set the posting buttons so that you do not automatically get response notices emailed to you? So that if you wanted to be notified you would tick the box instead of the other way around.

Lidia:unsure:

I will have to find out with mr. Softwareman. But, before doing so would appreciate knowing if this is what the majority of the forum-members wants as well.

So, if you all please could give me your thoughts about this (does the automatic notices bother and would you rather like it changed as Lidia is requesting) I will see what I can do about it when I know how you all think.