NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Keywe's Playhouse

I finally got around to take some pictures of the playhouse I built for Keywe. I was hesitant at first about letting her in it after talking to the vet about the wiring that I used. I've been out with her and she doesn't seem to mess with it because of all of the things she has in there. I'm going to brush it down with vinegar to neutralize the metal just to be safe. Other than that, I take her out on warm days, which in Florida there are many and she LOVES it out there. She has picked up on all of the native bird sounds in our area and is now a master bird caller! Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome! Thanks. I'm trying to attach the pics so please be patient if it takes me a little bit. [file]

That looks fantastic!

Was it expensive to make?

I have been looking at maybe buying something similiar which is already made, I have seen one on ebay for about £600 which is quite pricey. What have you put on the ground as I was wondering what I could use.

Would love to here more details and if you could tell me about the materials you used that would be great:)

My hubby could make one of these if he wasn't so busy with making stuff for everyone else, why am I always last:(

Keywe if you could tell us what materials you used in this playhouse I might be able to get my hubby to make one for Josey, I think she would enjoy it a lot.

Thanks for all of the great comments... It was originally a garden for my wife who thought that you can actually grow vegetables in Florida. There's a very small window for that, but anyways... I cleaned all of the weeds out and added the upper half of it and enclosed it. That's why there's that lip around it. It's approx 8x8x7 feet tall. It ran me about $600 for all of the wood and supplies. Wish I could have used stainless steel, but the cost is unbelievable. She doesn't seem to climb on it anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! That is Fantastic!! What a lucky Grey! I'm in the planning phase of Lacey's Aviary. We live in Alaska, so there's only about 5 months that she can be outside. I'm planning to build it as soon as the snow melts next month. I'm going to tackle it myself, which both worries and amuses my husband! Whatever..I'll show him! When I see pictures like yours I can't wait to get started! Thanks & Great job!:)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of the great comments... Sometimes I can't get her out to come out and she becomes quite a brat, but it's funny. I'm glad she loves it. I used weed cloth and then pea gravel over the top. I'm probably going to put some rubber mulch over that because she does fall once in a while and I'd rather her land on something a little more forgiving.