NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Velcro bird! (video)

Ajilon

I think I've spoiled Zazu rotten. Even though I'm involved in rescue and taking care of birds outside my flock, I make it a point to ensure I spend a little quality time with every one of them every day. Zazu and I play together, one on one, just before bedtime every night. he's always the last one to get put in his cage. He really seems to enjoy our time together. Sometimes he'll just want to cuddle and sometimes he wants to play. We play a game where I touch his toes and say "I'm gonna get you, Zazu!" and he'll shriek and them try to catch my hand with his beak. If he gets me, he'll laugh. If not, he'll playfully yell at me.

We the other night, I didn't get to play with him long. I'd been battling the flu and really just felt awful. All I wanted to do is sleep. But Zazu wanted to play and protested for 20 minutes about going to bed. It took me everything I had to put him up. I felt so bad for him. In the end, I wasn't sure if I had a CAG or an exotic spider!

So just to make you guys laugh too, here's a video that we managed to capture. it's not the greatest quality, as it was from an iphone, but it was all that was readily available at the time.

so.... do you think he loves me? :lol:

Awwww, poor Zazu. I could never put her back when she is SOoooo begging to be held and stay with the family. :-)

That is probably the reason I figure I could never have more than 2 birds or become an actual rescue center. I would want them all out and would have a crazy house. :P

Thanks for sharing that video.

Ajilon, karma for you for making me expel tea from my nose. (it was the magnet comment that did it) He really has you trained. Trust me, he can hang from his beak. Dorian's taken to swinging from the bottom of his boing hanging on only with his beak! :ohmy: Even if Zazu loses his grip he'll be fine. Enjoy the clinging while it lasts, I'm jealous.

Very funny. She really is a doll. Have you tried using the down command. Just like step up but when you want them to step off you say down. Sometimes Whisper will hang on like that until I say "down".

You have to train them just like for step up but when you set them down say "down".