NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My New Baby - Finally!

cf737

Well, little Darwin is now 7 weeks old!

MY GOODNESS!

I cannot believe how fast he is growing!

He is also starting to respond to me (yay!). When I went to see him yesterday for the...ahem...8th time...(I can't get enough of the little guy)....he was chirping in response to my voice! I would say "Darwin! Hello there Darwin. How are you?" And he would go "honk honk honk!"

More pictures, as promised! IMG_3979_copy.jpg

IMG_3979_copy.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of Darwin! I wish I could of seen the baby stages of Notsu. I do have 1 picture of her as a baby though, with her 2 brothers. It is so special that you get to spend so much time with him at this young age! And to respond to you is such a warm fuzzy feeling huh!!{Feel-good-00020114}

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've got updates!

My Darwin is 10 weeks old now, can you believe it? He is a week older than the breeders thought as I asked them to check his hatch date. Before they were guessing and I was fine with that and completely preoccupied. However last week I was curious and they told me - December 14!

Wow! He is walking around, trying all kinds of food now and is in a cage!!!! I was so shocked when I saw that he was out of his bin and into a cage with his brother. Just yesterday he perched on my hand and stepped onto the food bowl. He's getting big so fast and it is so bittersweet.

More pictures! IMG_4020_copy.jpg

IMG_4020_copy.jpg

Thanks a lot caitb! I'm excited for you, too! It's so hard waiting, isn't it?

Also I have a few questions for everyone. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1. Do you suggest leaving pellets in the cage to be available at all times or only during meal time?

2. I've read a lot about how people discipline their bird and have gotten many mixed messages (Eg. ignoring a bad habit, saying "be careful", etc.) . What are your methods?

3. I plan to bathe Darwin daily/every other day. How early do I start this?

4. I often go to a friend's house to stay the night. How early can I begin this as well? (I would obviously bring him in his travel cage with toys, food, etc.)

Thanks a ton!

Cf