NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Greetings and Salutations

Marauder

Hello Chris and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Schrodinger.

That is a cute name, would you tell us how you came to pick that name and what it means if anything?

I commend you for adopting an older grey, most people want to start off with a baby grey but it looks like you have formed a wonderful relationship with her from the pics you shared with us.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

It is amazing how quickly Schrodinger and I bonded, quite literally within hours of coming home we were starting to bond...

With me she's a doll, with pretty much everyone else it's a different story... lol

My brother and a friend of mine have both gotten some pretty nice bruises and other beak marks... :ohmy:

She originally came with the name Sirius (or Sirus, there was some debate about the actual spelling/proninciation) from the adoption agency (Phoenix Landing). I knew I wanted a different name and eventually settled on Schrodinger (A Nobel Prize winning physicist and most popularly known for "Schrodinger's Cat".). In part I chose the name Schrodinger (she's become known as "Schrodie" for short) because it was closer sounding to her original name then Tchaikovsky! Plus, I felt it was an amusing choice of a name given the traditional bird/cat relationship (see Schrodinger's Cat). :lol:

I've also been contemplating adopting a second cockatiel (whom would be named Tchaikovsky) in part as a companion to Mozart who is jealous as she no longer gets all the attention... But, my flock can't really grow too much more since I have limited space in my apartment... :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_Schr%C3%B6dinger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat<br><br>Post edited by: Marauder, at: 2009/01/28 02:45

I see you live in Maryland, I knew you had to be somewhere near North Carolina when you mentioned Phoenix Landing, I am in Virginia and I am familiar with that rescue group, they do great work.

Schrodinger may eventually come to be more socialable with other people, my Josey used to only allow me to pick her up and handle her but she is gradually allowing my hubby to do a little of that now so there is hope for Schrodie too.

Thanks for the story behind the name, I knew it had to be one for that name.

Welcome Chris and Schrodinger!!

Great adoption choice. It is nice to see she is such a loving Grey that was obviously treated good and well taken care of in the past.

The handling you are able to do in those photos is something many Grey owners can not do at that age. It's wonderful seeing her feel loved and content in her new home.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :-)