aviator harness!

Guest briansmum

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ack! Now I'm really confused!! Anyone else have experience/suggestions on the sizing? Kip is on the small side for a femal CAG at ~ 365 grams. So would I be advised to get a "small" or "medium" size aviator harness? Just going by weight it would seem the small is recommended...thoughts? Thanks

dbhelix - I certainly wouldnt leave Elmo undupervised :-) I was thinking about having him on a stand just outside the open door of the grooming salon while I work inside about 3 feet away from him. Thats where I put his 'mobile' cage now during my work hours.

Number 6 - I have the medium for Elmo and he is quite small.

Jude

dbhelix - I certainly wouldnt leave Elmo undupervised :-) I was thinking about having him on a stand just outside the open door of the grooming salon while I work inside about 3 feet away from him. Thats where I put his 'mobile' cage now during my work hours.

Number 6 - I have the medium for Elmo and he is quite small.

Jude

Hi everyone, I am new to the site, although I have had great advise from islandgirl. I just got my grey 3 days ago. He is 3 months old and so much fun to have. I am going to get the harness as well. Trina Spain

Hello Trina and welcome to our family. Congrats on your new grey, you are in for an unforgetable experience, a ride of a lifetime and they are so much fun as you are finding out.

Maybe you will get to try the harness before me, I got mine several weeks ago but haven't had the chance to try it yet, planning to this coming weekend.:)

OH cool i want a harness for chico but they dont have them in my pet shop in malaga,They keep on saying that there going to get them in but everyweek i go in and they are still not in.But i might ckeck out 24parrot.com,i can still get one from there.

thanks for that.

Guest briansmum

i got mine from 24parrot.com greylover, although you are in spain i would think it will br pretty quick delivery. they are the real deal with proper packaging and DVD. i reccomend the red one :P purely because it matches their tail and looks rather fetching LOL (only joking, obviously the colour doesn't matter)

• 1 month later...

ok so what size harness did everyone purchcahse? Do I go with medium or large? It says medium for Timneh grey but congo is a bit bigger. Thats what I had a hard time to determine. Large or medium. I even want to buy roller skates but dont know if I should get medium or large. I mean they are not as big as a Macaw.Helpppp

Kip is small too at 365g. I also got the medium. I got it on her once and it looks like it will work (though maybe a bit big). She is tolerating it more and more, though after the first bloody incident I am actually following the instructions in the video and taking time to get her used to it! :P She will allow it to be draped over her now and remain quite calm, but she still may pull away so I want her to be even more comforable with it before I attempt slipping it over her head again... ;)<br><br>Post edited by: dblhelix, at: 2007/08/22 23:39

Guest briansmum

looks like you need to weight your grey then if it's on the small side around 360 you may wanna get the small one, if it's a big birdie like my brian who's 470g the medium fits great

Since Ceasars Wings have not yet grown out I have not played much with the harness.. I did think that I would produce a video on the first time I try it on Ceasar.. It should be as funny as it's informative.. So look for that video.. If I have some time I will do it this Saturday, the 25th of August.. I might not have it edited and posted until perhaps next weekend.. But I will do this video to show everything what this might look like when you try it on your bird.. OK?