NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Funny story - scary monster bird!

LisaM

My husband and Kenya (our CAG) have their own little series of games they play even though she doesn't let him skritch her or get too friendly. One of their favorites is for him to peek around the corner and get her attention. Then he "sneaks" up on her crouching and with his arms up and out slightly to the skies and fingers in "claw" position...he slowly approaches her until he gets about 5 feet away and then she say "RRRAAAAWWWRRRR" like the big scary monster that she is (she learned this by watching him sneak up and scare the kids).

The other night the kids and I were sitting in bed watching TV and she was on my arm. My son (7) was laying down with his head in my lap. She started to walk, deliberately slowly, down my lap until she got a few inches from his head...and let out the loudest "RRRAAAAWWWRRRR" I've ever heard from her. He jumped up scared half to death and then she started laughing like a crazy bird (including the exaggerated sigh at the end). Then we all laughed and she laughed some more. She has all of our laughs down pat and she was using my husbands that time (he wasn't there). It was an absolute riot! One of the stories I will tell people who think that a dog is much more fun and interactive than a parrot!

Lisa

Thanks. She makes us laugh all the time with her antics and the things that come out of her "mouth". It's amazing how sometimes someone will say something funny and somehow she knows and she is the first one to start laughing. It freaks out our guests when it happens, which is also thoroughly enjoyable! :-)

LisaM wrote:

Goralka - I doubt I'll ever be able to post anything on youtube because whenever I bring a camera out, all my birds just sit there and stare at me (performance anxiety? LOL). I'll have to trick them somehow.

A lot of people say their birds go quiet on camera.. maybe it need's introducing to the camera.. like a new toy or perch or anything else "new".

Use it, film the kids with it whilst the bird is there.. have fun and games and always make sure the camera is in the room or even in use and maybe the grey will just one day join in and feel at ease with the camera.

That's a mint story about the scaring lol..<br><br>Post edited by: Titch, at: 2009/01/18 20:03