NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

new guy

shah

Hello Shah and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your grey.

You don't tell us much so we are going to have to ask you some questions so we can get to know you.

Is he your first grey, your first parrot? Do you have any other birds or pets? What is his name and how old is he? How long have you had him?

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so read thru them at your leisure and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of him you would like to share with us we would love to see him.

• 4 weeks later...

I have decided to adopt. The grey I am getting is named Stanley and he plucks alot. I will be picking him up on Thursday. His last owner went into a nursing home and now he lives with a relative and he is plucking more than ever. He is otherwise an easy going grey. Grey Guy is going to have a brother, so it will be intresting to see how these two boys get along. Stanley is also currently on a seed only diet and has been for the last four years of his life. He is 17 years old, so it looks like Grey Guy will have an older brother. Any advise on plucking would be nice. Thanks.

Congrats on getting Stanley and even though he is a plucker maybe you can get him to stop the behavior or at least slow it down some but good luck with that.

When you bring Stanley home you really should keep him in quarantine for at least 45 days to make sure he doesn't harbor any illness or diseases. When you do introduce them take it slowly but do not be surprised if they don't get along but who knows they might.

We do have a lot of threads that deal with plucking, too many to list here, just type in plucking in the search box and you should find plenty to read.

I want to see some pics after you pick him up on Thursday, even if he is plucked, we can see his inner beauty.

• 3 weeks later...

hello,

I just wanted to stop by to let evveryone know that Stanley is doing greYt. That was for you Dan.

He seems to like his new home, and he knows that there is another grey in the house. Grey Guy and Stanley talk to each other through the wall. lol. I have had Stanley seperrated from Grey Guy all this time just to do things right. Thanks for the advise Judy. I haven't noticed Stan plucking at all, and he is devouring his new diet. I want for Grey Guy and Stanley to be on the same page dietwise. I am going to hold off on letting him free fly in the garage until he checks out okay at the vet. I will be taking him at the end of March for a full check up. I am hoping to soon have two greys flying around in my garage very soon. I think free flying will help Stanley in his recovery process. Thanks for all your help.