NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I knew Keena was smart .....

BarbPA

But I didn't realize how smart!

I haven't been here in a while but had to share this with all of you. I'm sure you won't be as surprised as I was by this.

Twice in the past few weeks, I've walked into the computer room where Keenas cage is and found the door to the cage open. Once She was actually out and sitting on my computer chair.

The first time it happened I thought maybe I hadn't latched the door properly. It has a latch that is supposed to be *parrot-proof* so I figured it was my mistake.

The second time I was positive I'd latched it since I'd been paying more attention to it since her first escape.

Today I'm cleaning the bathroom and can hear her playing around in the cage. All of a sudden she stops talking and everything gets very quiet. Like a child, you have to worry when she's quiet! LOL

I tiptoe into the hall and peek into the computer room where I see her working the latch. She's very focused and doesn't see me looking in the doorway. I'm sure if she'd seen me she would have stopped immediately.

After she opens the latch she climbs down to bottom of the cage and pushes the door open. She is just ready to hop out when I stepped into the room. She stops in her tracks and says "Whoa". That's what she always says if she's being bad or if I tell her to stop banging her dishes. That's how smart she is - she even knows when to use certain words.

So now I have a small length of chain fastened with a luggage lock on the cage door. Hopefully that'll keep her contained.

Well its good to hear from you again and I love your little story of Keena, I mean Houdini:laugh: yes some of them are escape artists and good at it, glad you found a solution, Josey is either not that smart or just hasn't bothered to try to escape.

Now that remark is the icing on the cake, "Whoa" I would have been rolling around on the floor laughing at that one, thanks for sharing this with us and be sure to come back more often as we have missed you.

Thats is such a cute Story Tyco's alo a escape artist. When I bought her new cage I had to make sure their was no way she could escape the lock on her cage is a pin that goes into a hole in the top of the cage and through the frame of the door its about 6 inches long there is no way for her to reach the pin from inside her cage. She is veryseldem locked in her cage anyway except at night when she is sleeping or when noone is home. I had to get a cage like that when I first got her she would open her door then all the other irds doors then she would throw every food and water dish from all the cages accross the room. I came home one night to a huge mess that took me two hours to clean up. She's good as gold as long as someones home but leave her alone and boy can she cause havoc:woohoo:

Thats is such a cute Story Tyco's alo a escape artist. When I bought her new cage I had to make sure their was no way she could escape the lock on her cage is a pin that goes into a hole in the top of the cage and through the frame of the door its about 6 inches long there is no way for her to reach the pin from inside her cage. She is veryseldem locked in her cage anyway except at night when she is sleeping or when noone is home. I had to get a cage like that when I first got her she would open her door then all the other irds doors then she would throw every food and water dish from all the cages accross the room. I came home one night to a huge mess that took me two hours to clean up. She's good as gold as long as someones home but leave her alone and boy can she cause havoc:woohoo:

What a funny story! Plus the video was great! Laughed my head off - Thanks for sharing to both of you.

The little bird shop that I go to all of the time has a Amazon that is also an escape artist - He got out of his cage one night and proceeded to let everyone else out to. The next morning when the owner came in, she was meet with Cockateils, Finch, and most of the other birds in the shop. Not to mention the fact that they all helped themselves to food and had a great time playing with (chewing up) the toys. I just happened to go in that day and she was in a tizzy!!! It was so funny, ---- but not really. Talk about eating up the profits!

Keena is really not liking that chain and lock. She spends a lot of time rattling it and turning it around and around. I can almost see her thinking "Hmmm ... now how do I get this off?" LOL

Innocent looking right? :)keena.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: BarbPA, at: 2009/01/09 00:59

keena.jpg