NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Play date

Jane08

Does anyone else take their birds to meet other birds sort of like a play date?

We took our 2 to meet another 2 greys at their house. They have met once before. I was totally amazed with what happened. They were all out at the same time and our female fell in love with their male. They were preening each other and regurgitating for each other. They did it twice in the time we were there. She does it with our male so I was suprised she would also do it with another bird. They told us that their male does not even preen their female so for him to do it with our female was surprising.

Our male also amazed me as he was on top of their cage which he has never seen before or been in and then he just decided to climb in the cage and sit there.

I know they are flock birds, but I really didn't expect them all to get on so well.

I used to take Lilo back to the pet store (Parrots of the world) where I got him from, so he can play with other birds. untill Lilo got older and was picking on all the baby birds (he is 3 now) and the workers in the pet store started give me wierd looks lol. I wish I can take him to meet other birds and have play dates, so he can interact with other birds. I wish there are "birdy parks" instead of doggy parks... I m envious of you that you can have play dates for your birds!

Charlie meets Blue my cousins grey when Blue comes to stay with me when they go on holiday. The birds tend to ignore each other apart from calling to each other after a few days. I can not see them ever becoming friendly.

Hi Judy,

I m actually an old member to the forum. My username was "Liloforever" but lost my Pw...I guess it doesn't hurt to go to the welcome room again to let people know! :)

Thanks for the compliment on the pic!<br><br>Post edited by: LilosMom, at: 2009/01/09 20:30

i've been wanting to do exactly the same thing. play dates:)

there's no active users on this forum but i came up with another good idea to find grey owners in my area.

there's an african grey group on facebook.

i joined and scrolled through all the members (around 1,700 of them:unsure: ) to find people in my area then sent them a message.

that was two days ago and allready i've had 2 people message me back.

try it out

LilosMom wrote:

I wish there are "birdy parks" instead of doggy parks...

LOL there are "birdy parks" if you join a bird club! ;) We have a bird rescue/club in our city that meets once a month and shares a bite to eat, etc. On average there are about 50 people there are 30+ birds of all different species. Everyone brings their little table top stands and has fun. It's cute.

• 5 weeks later...