NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to the Group

Tammy

Hello,

My Name Is Tammy. I live in Florida. I love Birds. I have 5 cockatials, 3 Parakeets, Sun Conure, Jenday Conure. And Soon Adding to the Family a CAG. I cant Wait. Not sure of the Sex yet but will know soon. Just hatched out of the egg about 5-7 days ago. I am going to go visit the bird when it is pulled and start Hand feeding.

Hi Tammy, I just chatted with you on the IM window. Welcome to the forum and congradulations on getting a new grey!!! They are wonderful companions.

Please check through the various rooms we have here. There are tons of information and if you ever have any questions just post it. There are many knowledgable members here always ready and willing to help.

Hello Tammy and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new baby Cag.

My it is still a baby if it is only about a week old and you have a while yet before you will be able to bring it home and I know you can hardly wait.

You have quite a flock going and adding a grey will make less time for the others but it seems like you can handle it.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

When you go visit your baby if you could take some pics and share them with us, we love to see the babies, they are so adorable.

I have a Good Size Flock LOL! But I let my Birds out of the Cage 75% of the Day if I am Home. I am Home most of the Day with my 2 Young Children. Sometimes they dont even want to come out. LOL! But I leave the Cages open anyway just incase they Change their mind! But I will Make sure I take Pics of my New Little Guy. I was asked If I wanted to take the Bird home and Hand feed it myself But I Said No Because I never Done it and I Rather Pay the Extra $$$ For a Weaned Baby Bird.

Sounds like you have a wonderful flock I have 7 birds myself so I know what its like to have to juggle my time so that all the birds get quality time every day. All my smaller birds hang out with each other so its not to hard for me to take 3 of them at a time and have one on each shoulder and one on each of my hands. I can take turns giving each of them kisses and scritches or playing a game of gonna touch your tail with them. the bigger bird seem to need more one on one time so I try to fit in aleast an hour or two on a daily basis<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/01/01 15:28

Welcome Tammy and large Flock!!

It's GreYt having you here and congratulations on obtaining a baby Grey. I'll bet you can't wait to see him\her when they are pulled from the box. :-)

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some photos of your flock and that baby when it's in camera sights!!

Hi Tammy. You have a great flock. I bet you are so excited to be getting a baby grey. It will be a while before he/she comes home but you can use the time to research all you can and ask any questions you have.Keep us all informed on the babts progress and tell us more about that flock of yours.I have a grey and a cockatiel.

I have already Bought a Book about Greys. And a Huge Cage that a Macaw can fit into. I need to Gather alot of toys for him/her. In a couple weeks I will find out the Sex. I will let everyone know when I find Out. And when he/she gets pulled from the nest I will be going over to visit. The Breeder is only 20 minites from my house. And she is a Sweet Heart and Told me I can come and Visit my baby anytime I want. Thanks Guys for the Warm Welcome!!!!:) Here are pics of my Other Guys.

Harley (Jenday) Pebbles (Sun Conure) And this his The CAG Cage I bought Him!

Welcome Tammy! It sounds like you have a wonderful flock and I bet you're super excited for your baby CAG! We want PICTURES :laugh: ASAP! There are some great people here that have tons of experience with baby greys, so there is always a helping hand if ya need it. Look forward to hearing more from you.