NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Expectant Father...

Hi all,

Well I brought Charlie home on Saturday, and I'm totally smitten. What a happy little guy he is. We are doing the hand-feeding thing twice a day, and he eats whatever you put in front of him, although I think he could easily be trained to kill for grapes... The breeder told me that he might be a bit shy when I got him home, and suggested that I leave him in his cage for 2 days or so. Well, I think it took him all of 5 minutes before he started playing with his toys, and jamming his head against the bars to be scratched. To leave him in the cage for 2 days would have been cruel (to both of us!) so out he came!

He is very quiet (I know it won't last!), and makes sounds like a dove when you cuddle him. He's a great little bird, and I tell him that often... lol

So this is my last post in "The Welcome Room" under the "Expectant Father" title. Look for my next posting under "Proud Father"... lol

Have a great day everyone!

Steve

Ball_Face_small.jpg

Ball_Face_small.jpg

Steve, love the picture of Charlie he is so very handsome and seems like a very confident grey. Good for you for going with your gut feeling and letting Charlie bond with you immediately. That is what my breeder told me to do, to cuddle my new baby and handle her because she would be missing her siblings and looking for someone new to bond with. So enjoy your new baby as they become teenager-like so soon! Can't wait to hear more about Charlie.

Nice photo of Charlie. he is one healthy and happy looking birdy. :-)

It's wonderful to hear that he was as anxious to get out and interact with you as your were wanting to so badly with him.

Looking forward to reading your posts in the other forum rooms now. ;-)