NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A Little About Me

Just wanted to take a quick minute to introduce myself. I am Jennifer. I live in Fort Atkinson, WI with my husband, our 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 rabbit and our amazing CAG Elvis.

We purchased Elvis from an awesome breeder in WI and brought him home August 14, 2008. He is almost 8 months old now and already says a few words and makes all kinds of goofy noises.

Elvis is fully flighted and whenever myself or my husband is home his cage door is open and he is free to roam. He can be very mischevious at times so we do not let him go very far unsupervised.

I have always have had a passion for animals but never really birds until I worked in a pet store. We got a cockatiel in one day that someone had donated because they didn't want him anymore. All the women I worked with advised me not to go near him because he had bitten them earlier in the day and would probably do the same to me. Me being the stubborn, head-strong person I am had to see for myself. I went to go meet this cockatiel and went I put my hand in his cage to pet him he put his head down and invited me to a little scratch. His crest feathers must have just recently grown in because he still had some little white pieces all over the top and I gently pulled them off and gave him another little scritch and so began my love affair with the avian species.

Elvis is my 3rd bird since my first cockatiel and my first CAG.

I am still learning a lot but have done a lot of research prior to becoming owned by him so I feel well prepared for the wonderful years ahead.

Hello Jennifer and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Elvis.

Thats all it took, work in a pet store and be around birds and then you are hooked. Like you I have always loved animals but never had parrots until just a few years ago, I had always been a cat person but now I cannot imagine my life without my fids.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so do read thru them and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Elvis you would like to share with us we would love to see him.