NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

cages

bandits_mom08

I am looking at purchasing a new cage (the one I have belongs to a friend). What is the best cage material ie. powder coat, stainless steel, ect?

I was also given a cage and it needs a little work. I have fixed the hazards but it has rust on it and needs a paint job. Is paint ok to us on the cage? Bandit is always hanging upside down on his cage and I don't want him ingesting anything harm full.

If paint isn't a good idea is there any other ideas??

Paint is not ok. If you decide to try and use this old cage, you will need to take it to a shop that can first sandblast it and remove everything including the rust down to bare metal. Then it will need to be powder coated.

You may want to just search ebay for a new well built cage that is large and priced fairly even offering free shipping.

In regards the "best" material a cage can be made of, it's stainless, but also very expensive.

George has got a cage very similar to this and is quite happy in it !However he will not have the top open at all .he loves to get out of his cage and just sit on the top ! My cage is in the black vein which I like the look of . Hope this helps

Marie

I have the same style cage, but a little wider, deeper and taller, which in reality could house a Macaw. My Grey likes the cage top both open and closed. He seems to enjoy himself on it either way. With it Open he can climb down and bat around some of his toys. :-)

However, He does not spend much time there anyway. He is either on our shoulder, on his playstand or running around the couch. :-)