NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi again and Cage size?

DavidH

We may get our 6-8 month old grey tomorrow. Big day!!!!

We're not 100% sure this is the one, so it may be a no-go, but in any case I think we'll have one within a week.

My question is what size cage should I get? I don't want to spend a few hundred dollars and then discover two weeks later that I need a bigger one (did that with the parakeets), and I definitely want Grey to have all the space s/he needs.

What do people recommend?

Also, if there's anything else imperative to know on day one, now's the time to tell me :) I've done a lot of reading but have never had a parrot before, so it's going to be a steep learning curve.

Thanks,

David

The cage should be approx 32 x 28 x 55 in. A rectangular cage is good and comes with a built in play top, usually 5 cups, seed guard, slide out tray on top and bottom of cage. This particular cage can be gotten on EBAY, brand new for approx $225 including s/h.

The next smaller size can be used for a Timneh but a TAG will also like a bigger cage if possible and the price difference is not that much.

b.jpg

David there is a thread on the forum on which various members posted their cages. It might help you. My grey's cage is alot like the one Dave posted. Tomorrow will be a great day for you, I hope this grey is the one. They are certainly a joy to have around and quite entertaining!!! Good luck!!

DavidH, been there done that! With all the reading I had done I purchased a cage that was to small, we had him for 3 weeks and I had to go and get another one.

The one that Dave posted is the size we ended up getting and its great, the play gym on top provides Mika with a place to play and move around all he likes. The large door is a godsend to getting things in and out and also for him.

Best of luck, finding the one you want.

Carolyn & Mika