NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cage swapping

Kaedyn

I was curious how many people have two or more greys, or other birds, that wander in and out of each other's cages? My Sierra is always on or in Rigel's cage, eating his food and playing with his toys. He doesn't seem to care at all. At times they are in the cage together. He just doesn't like when she tries to take the food that's already in his beak!

The funny thing is, he has the same food and toys in his cage that she has in her's, but somehow, his are better.

I only have 1 grey, so I don't see the cage swapping there.

I do see cage swapping with our canaries, though! It's funny because one of our canaries named "Stumpy" was a rescue with no foot/ 1/2 a leg and so he has special square perches and a food platform, but he tries to go into big boy "Sunny's" cage and use his perches, but he can't stand on them so well and starts flapping his wings! It's too cute.

We don't have any female canaries, but the male canaries are the nest builders. We put a little nest in for Sunny because he kept trying to build a nest in his coup cup and making a mess of his fruits and veggies in there. One day I walked in and saw Stumpy sitting in the nest! Maybe he was a bit confused that he isn't a SHE! hahaha :)

I have 3 greys and when all three are out, one of them will go into each of the others' cages and eat their food, play with their toys and even decide to stay in there at times and either sleep or just contemplate but heaven forbid if either of the other 2 decide to go into his cage when they're all out. He'll come out of another's cage and race over to his cage and usually, the bird who decided to go in is sorry that he thought about it. After that's all finished, he leaves the cage and decides to go into the cage of the bird he's just had a tangle with. Then he repeats what he always does in their cages.

My Grey and Conure both go into each others Cages. My Grey, like Daves will go in his cage after the Conure. But, the Conure can fly very well in that HUGE cage and get out of harms way.

The Grey then goes over and chews all the little Conure sized toys to pieces, eats his food and then takes a dump in the food bowl to ensure the Conure gets his calling card. B)

I have three greys, all mine like to hang out in each others cages! They eat each others food, play with the toys and two of them will quite happily sit together on the same perch and preen each other, normally in my eldest grey Charlies cage. Its really strange but this is the cage where they all like to hang out.

When I let all three out they all make a bee line for Charlies cage.

I think they all like to have a nosey and see they are not missing out on anything:laugh: