NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Finally I Own a Baby Grey

Luvparrots

Yes, it is true!!! After two months of pestering every one on GreyForums I too am officially an African Grey owner. Not the youngest grey of the hatch of four, but the oldest; the one who chose me. Millie's (the breeder) last offical act was to pluck the DNA feathers for me so I can find out the gender of my Timneh. Millie did a great job of handrearing my baby. Such a loving and confident baby she is. She eats anything I offer (prefers it if I hand it to her) She explores everything. She yips like a chihuahua and makes other small dog sounds (Millie had two small dogs) so she luvs my Lily (my 7 year-old pug) but Lily's not so sure about this. I have misted her with Aloe Vera juice and she preened away. I couldn't be more delighted with my baby.

I want to thank everyone who has been so kind to me while I impatiently waited for my own grey. I know you will all be there to answer any questions I might have.

On that note, any names suggestions? I'm open to suggestions--:blink:

OH finally I am sooooo happy and excited for you !! We have to figure out what sex or do you want a name that will work for both?? Your pug will get there fast I did the close up introductions in the bathroom where I felt more in control. cant wait to hear more and where are the pics!!!

Well its about time, Janet, thats all we have heard for the last few months, just kidding,:lol: now your tune will change and you will be full of questions so let them begin.:blink: :laugh:

Sounds like your grey is settling in nicely and I look forward to hearing more about him/her in the coming days, weeks and years, congrats Janet your baby is finally home.:whistle:

2e%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EJANET+PICTURES+PLEASE%21%5E_%5E.gif

Janet, I am so pleased for you! Its been a long wait but now your wonderful baby is here and its time to have fun and enjoy!

Im sure we wont have to give you too much advice as I know the research you have been doing for quite some time now.

Please, pictures, pictures! I cant wait to see this beautiful baby!

Congratulations, you are going to be a great birdmom.

Caroline.

Oh, I'm so happy for you! After all this waiting and researching and preparing, now it's your turn to be a bird momma!

Congratulations to you. I like the name Saber, but I'm sure more ideas will come to you as you get to know it's personality.

Okay update on my new baby. I will call my grey she (DNA pending) and no there is no name, yet. She luvs to be out of her cage and to be hand fed. She will eat anything I give her and she luvs to be touched. She is mouthy but we are working on that. She understands no and if I say it before the crush she stops--most of the time! I wish Millie hadn't short-clipped her wings but that was her choice. She wants her babies safe I guess. I couldn't be more delighted. I am digital camera illiterate so even though I have taken pictures I will need to wait for some help from my kids to post, sorry!

I want to thank this wonderful forum with all of its great information and fantastic members. You have provided me with the confidence I need to know how to do the right things for my new grey. I know you will all be there if I need any help. Kudos to you all!!!<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2008/12/02 18:47

Well its the third day and my new baby is already stepping up--most of the time. She has tried out her swing today and seems to like it. Last night she slept in her sleep tent and took a nap there today and is now comfortably sleeping there now. She luvs to be close and out of her cage. If I leave the room she is always on the floor so I now always put her in her cage before I leave a room. Can't trust my little Lily not to try a birdy meal yet. I posted some pictures, or I guess I should say my grandson posted them for me. I hope you all like them. And I finally have an Avatar!!!:silly:<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2008/12/03 03:28

Congradulations, we all know how long of a wait it was for you:laugh: . Sounds like she is settling in well. I know you have done your research before your baby came home but it might be totally different now that she's actually there so if you have any questions you already know this place is filled with experienced grey moms and dads and all you have to do is ask.<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/12/04 05:06