NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How much does your grey weigh?

Talon

I really should weigh Bella right now - she just ate a whole Matzo ball!!! ok, Granted it was one of those little ones..., but still, it was the size of a lime! I'm looking at her wondering where on earth she put it :ohmy: Add to that, she ate a bunch of noodles too!

Bella weighs 553 grams first thing in the morning. She's 14.5 inches long. But, Dave tells me his little one weighs more than Bella, so I'm not going to worry about it - I can feel her keel bone and she's as happy as can be - so, she seems to be digesting her matzo balls!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

danmcq wrote:

Nychsa - Thats not her keel bone, it's the matzo ball. :P

She has one big appetite!!!

:laugh: Shoot, I was looking at her crop wondering if that whole matzo ball was in there somewhere!! You'd think after that much food she'd be down for the count digesting, but no sir! She was running around like a maniac, doing her dances, running back and forth on the couch, chasing Jiggy and chattering her little beak off :silly:

I couldn't believe her! My partner is Jewish, so he turned me on to the chicken with noodles and matzo ball soups. I had it last night for dinner and since Bella shares my dinner, she went to town on that matzo ball! I thought her favorite food was chicken wings, but in the mean time, I think the chicken wings have been surpassed by matzo balls :laugh:

Hi,

My CAG indy is 414gram slightly underweight according to my avian vet. she was on a pellet based diet with fresh fruit an veg for dinner now I've put her on a seed and pellet diet temporarily with fresh fruit and veg.

Once she has successfully put on a few extra grams I will take her back to her original pellet based diet,<br><br>Post edited by: nims, at: 2008/07/19 18:14

Neemita_Mepani_SOCA_SG5_AF.doc

• 4 weeks later...

CAG weight can vary pretty significantly based on the birds body/bone structure and geographic part of Africa their ancstors came from just like humans and other animals of the same species cover a pretty wide range of "normal" weights. Healthy mature CAGs generally range from 350g or below on the smaller size on up to 650g+ depending. This below link I have posted several times before and I still think its very informative:

http://www.africanature.com/Project%20Africa/wildgreys.htm<br><br>Post edited by: dblhelix, at: 2008/08/14 05:20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

oh he a big boy alrite e eats all around hin he had half banana and a slice of toast for his breakfast today dinner time e had potaoes peas carrots and sweetcorn followed on by an apple which e robbed out off fruit bowl on table didnt even have to chop it up e just ploughed into it i was lookin through all posts and was shocked when i weighed charlie and e is 500g i couldnt belive it compared to other greys on site

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know that this is a little bit older BUT an awesome thread! I asked Tina yesterday how much Ahjari weighs so far? He's almost 8 weeks old you ready?.....483 grams!:ohmy: lol he's the biggest of the Greys lol.

It felt good to know that Dan had a big baby boy when he brought him home. I was like this can't be true lol BUT after reading this it can be so I am relieved. Thanks for this thread...<br><br>Post edited by: CarolandFamily, at: 2009/04/12 14:18