NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cup cake wrapper

Carolyn

Ok, come on you guys don't be shy all of a sudden.

Here lets start with a nice easy one.:laugh:

Wrap almonds or raisens or any other kind of nut you like, in a cup cake wrapper. Tie it on a long string and then to your cage, they love to haul it up and rip away the paper for a surprize inside.:woohoo:

Takes about 10 min. to make, and about that long to destroy when they got the idea.:blink:

Happy wrapping

Carolyn & Mika

P.S. Sorry the pic is not the best, but you get the idea.

Carolyn & Mika

Mikas.jpg

Mikas.jpg

I do something very close to what you are doing. But I use TP rolls. I've also used coffee filters and tiny paper cups...I just made a big bunch just tonight this time using brown paper bags cut up.

On Friday I took Bond to the Vet for her yearly check up (she is healthy). He was telling me about forging and how Greys do it all day in the wild. He told me to put these little bundles around the cage in the mornings with they are the hungriest. I'm going to string up several bundles at different levels in the cage and Bond has to find them and this hopefully will helps her from being bored during the day when I'm at work... I'm going to try this during the next week and see how it works.

Great idea Bondsmom, have to make a few surprize bundles and try this out with Mika, I work all day also and I am always looking for new ways to keep him from getting bored. There are only so many cartoons you can watch in a day, but then Mika is a CSI fan himself every season every CSI:laugh:

Carolyn & Mika

Great idea Birdkeeper, from one idea many different one's come.

Keep up the great ideas and if you have pictures of your idea, post them under a different topic, so the whole world can see:laugh: We are all so proud of what we can create, just to have it ripped to shreads a few minutes later (which of course is the best compliment of all):woohoo: :woohoo:

Carolyn & Mika