NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rabbit Toys for Birds!

Talon

• 2 months later...

some brilliant tips and excellent advice,ive looked at the toys in the rabbit,hamster and dog sections,and often wondered,these have definately answered my queries.

I think we're being ripped off for parrot toys and treats when the other said toys are very similar and do the same things....cheers;)

Lisa's picture of Kenya with the rabbit maze block is pretty much what both my birds look like for at least an hour every day lately. Tanner's got the rabbit version (walnut inside), and Maxi prefers the smaller hamster version (hazelnut inside). Tanner's about to get to the nut, but it's taken him almost a month - amazing! And of course when you are tired of chewing on them and trying to pull the sticks out, you can always pitch 'em off the top of the cage and watch Mom pick 'em up!:P Yeehah!:woohoo:

• 1 month later...

thanks for the reminder! i have tried out those tumble weed toys too, but the smarty pants soon figured out the path of least resistance, chew only the small orange pegs and it all comes apart quite fast.

kenya is beautiful!

• 1 month later...

Hi Lisa,

I got one of those for Ollie and he didn't stop until he picked every piece of wood out. The nut fell to the bottom of the cage and he lost interest in it then, but still chews at the wood pieces. :lol:

I used to buy those for Tyco in all sizes and the she figured out how to pull all the little peices of wood out so itwould just fall apart she could totaly dismantle one in 2 minutes flat so now I buy vine balls for her instead at least they last her the whole day. and they are only 2.00 each

Adhaincroi - Thanks for the links to info on toys and Harrison's food and products. The Harrison's link was so informative and I could compare the pretty bird brand that I now use with Harrisons. I also loved the foraging toys - with video's of birds actually working the puzzles. What great links. Thanks so much.