Picture of Timneh chicks, 1 week old

Lyric

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Updated pics! 52 & 50 days old (7 weeks) They started eating Cheerios and some pellets this weekend! They really surprised me by how good they were eating already. Of course they are still being handfed too and will continue to be for some time yet, but eating some on their own is a good sign.

baby4n5dec82008.JPG

baby4n5dec82008.JPG

Jen,

That is such a beautiful picture! You need to get that framed! We have a resident framer on the forum who does a great job! He might help me out!:whistle:

Its great to hear the babies are trying to eat, they look so adorable I getting all bird broody again:laugh:

Karma coming your way and keep posting updates and pictures for us all!

Caroline.

They are so sweet at this age I just want to pick them up and squeeze them what adorable little babies are you keeping them or will they be going to new homes. If you are selling them who ever buys one of those babies is going to a very wonderful loveing bird. your doing such a good job they look so sweet all cuddled up on your lap at work. I just love the little ones soooo much.

{Love-000200D8}

Wow! Thanks so much, those are really great. Dave you do good work... I should have known... bird expert and now framing expert as well!

The question of whether I am keeping them is a hard one. I am hoping to find them the perfect forever homes but I'm going to be so particular about who they go to because I love them so much. I feel very responsible for their future happiness- I want them to go to homes where they can be forever much loved and very spoiled too. If I don't find the right people for them then perhaps Lyric will have more brothers and sisters...:whistle: You just never know what will happen... we'll see!

Thank you all for keeping an interest in this thread and watching my babies develop. It warms my heart to hear all the nice comments about them...of course I'm quite proud of them.

It's funny, they now at a little more than 7 weeks old weigh the same as Lyric at over 2 years old. Their heads are bigger than his and over all either they are going to be really big Timnehs or Lyric is very small. It's been interesting comparing them all. I'm trying to get Lyric more used to being around them. He's a little freaked out by them still. Last night I let them sit on the table where I was feeding Lyric some pasta and they watched with great interest as he ate. I gave them a couple of noodles but they weren't too sure about them. Lyric seemed a little worried when the bigger of the two was trying to climb out of his box to get at Lyric's plate! I know he was thinking "Oh no, I'm not sharing my dinner with either of you!!"

Somehow or other I have only just discovered this thread - where the heck have I been? This is wonderful, Jen - so fun to watch very-loved babies mature from just a few days old on! Your pictures are terrific, and it's interesting to hear how Lyric is reacting, too. Bravo, Jen - karma comin' atcha!