NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baxters new Cage

BaxtersMom

Baxter has found out how to open the side food doors now:ohmy: I had to tighten the ones I use for food down real good cuz I caught him with his food bowl in his mouth and he just his tossed his bowl with food all over. What a mess it was:laugh: I do let him play with the other side though.

Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/10/17 01:46<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/10/17 01:50

Baxters_new_cage_3_doors.jpg

Baxters_new_cage_3_doors.jpg

Nice cage.He can open the door? Doesnt yours have the circles and isnt your bowl under a cage wire on the door? Alcazar's does that.OMGosh I better look at Delilah's and Dakota's.Your cage looks like their's just a different color.

This one has rectangles instead of circles outside the doors and they did swing freely. He got interested in them cuz they moved I guess and figured out how to open the doors. First I thought I was going crazy cuz, one day the water door was open, I closed it, then the food door was open the same day. I thought I shut them but didn't think too much of it. Then I saw him climbing down the side. He played with the swinging thing, pulled the door open and started banging his bowl up and down. They are in a wire and can't be removed from inside but outside they can be removed:laugh: . He took that bowl and just slung it all over!! It was funny. I had to tighten the screws down so the outside things don't swing. If he really wanted to open them he could but he hasn't so far. I did leave the other doors where he can play with them and toss another bowl around. I even put a stainless steel bowl inside his cage on the floor and he loves tossing it:laugh: Found out that was a great toy for him:) .

The rope you seen in Baxters cage was a yard sale find:) It is probably 20 feet long so I had to cut it but it should last awhile. I got 2 of them and they were in their plastic packaging and still brand new. I have no idea what they are called or what they are used for but they are very thick. Baxter loves them! The retail price on them was $24.98 each and I got them for 50 cents apiece!! :blink: I just had to pick them up.

I thought getting him to accept the cage would be a time consuming process and I was going to place it next to his old cage untill he was ready. When we brought it in the house. I was all excited and kept telling him "Look Baxter, this is for you. You got a new cage!!!" He was looking at and I started getting bowls inside and hanging some toys, putting perches in and he watched it all. I finally put him on the top playgym perch and he seemed ok about it and kept watching me organize the insides.

I have tried in the past to let him see the inside of Bonkers cage, cuz Bonkers is always on his so I thought I'd let him see his too but he would always get all stiff and clear he wanted no part of it:angry: .

That was the reaction I thought I would get to this cage too. But when I brought him down and put him inside he started checking out every inch of the cage. All the perches, up the sides of cage and even upside on the top of it:laugh: He even looked happy and excited. Then I put some food in one of the bowls and he started head bobbin:laugh: :silly: :woohoo:

He took to it very well and very fast. I was thrilled.:)