NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Fernando, the caretaker!

Animalspirit

When I am not at home, the parrots are roaming free in my living room. ( except Asterix, the rosella, who is a little too agressive and is in a large cage during my absence). My neighbour comes to walk the dogs every day, and when she comes, she is welcomed by Fernando, sitting at the window. Fernandoraam1a.jpg

Fernandoraam1a.jpg

Of course they do! My living room looks quite messy... The alternative is putting them in cages, but I hate to have them all day in separate cages just for the sake of my furniture. So I give them cardbord boxes, willow and elder branches and old telephone books and pine cones to chew on, put the computer on a classical station, turn on one light in the corner and go to work. Of course all wires are hidden in pvc tubes or heavily taped, otherwise I couldn't have them free all day safely. This way the damage is limited, they are happy and I'm happy because they are. I have no partner, so it doesn't matter too much what my living room looks like.

Love Love Love the pictures. What a great oppertunity to let your birds have complete access. My birds are out most of the day, however they must be put in their places when I leave. I know I couldn't leave them all alone w/o supervision since they dont get along for the most part. Your lucky to have a happy social flock that enjoys each others close companionship.

Love the pictures.No way could I leave my two out when I am not in.I just know it would be a disaster waiting to happen.My tiel is like a guard dog,he shouts at the top of his voice when anyone comes up the drive.He really hates the post man and goes crazy when he sees him.Who needs a pit bull.

Great pictures! Who needs a guard dog when you have got a grey!

My three would cause a riot, they make enough mess when Im in never mind if I left them when they went out!

The youngest two dont get on so well so wouldnt be able to anyway.

Love all your pictures, keep them coming. Karma to you:)

thats pretty neat that they can just hang in the living room all day, i wish i could do that with my birds, but i have a roaming cat and my grey scares the cat and im afraid someone will get hurt, im sure it will be the cat jacked up though cause for some reason when i have my birds out he hides in the other room under the bed lol. if i didn't have the cat and my husband i sure would do that