Getting my first african grey

Brittany

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes that makes more sense. And you're right to have everything in place for him. On the toy front, search for toys and you should find lots of ideas for home made toys. My guys get as much if not more fun out of chunks of wood with a hole drilled in them strung up than all of the shop bought stuff;)

What are you going to call him???

Yeah, im sure it'll go by quicker than I think.

in the mean time im taking the time to read up on them, because i wanna raise it the right way.

its so weird i went from being super afraid of birds, and thinking their annoying to idk having a little respect for them haha. i absolutely adore them, esp greys.

cant WAIT to bring him/her home. going to see him again tomorrowwww!

I was seriously heart broken when I found out the other bird was sold.

I still really like that bird, but the baby one we bought now is so cute and I'm definitely glad we bought him.

We may name him pepper haha! Clipboard02ss.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Brittany, at: 2008/10/06 18:55

Clipboard02ss.jpg

Its difficult to pick a name...my daughter picked Tui from one she was watching on YouTube, so thats it stuck!

The breeder thought it was good to pick a name early so that he could start calling him so he could get used to it...dont know if its working so far though, hes too busy finding his feet and pecking at everything!

anyway best of luck, think you deserve it after the let down you had.

yeah it is hard picking a name.

tui is a cute name :). i dunno he could end up being called pepper i do like that name.

this hans macaw at the pet store is the cutest thing his name is kiki i like that name. he gets jealous when we bring out our baby african grey so he starts talking a lot.

That's great news Brittany about the new baby. I like the name Pepper for a grey, that's cute. I know waiting two months will be hard but it will give you time to research all you can and get everything ready. You should look for the book "for the love of greys" by Bobbi Brinker. I highly recommend it for anyone who is getting a grey. He/she is very sweet looking.

yeah, it might be more than 2 months.. we dont know but its so well worth the wait

plus if we wait until he's weaned, it's better to learn more about him adn having him eating normal food instead of being hand fed.

so his/her name is officially Pepper. :) we went to visit him again today and got to feed him, it was cool. im getting better at feeding him haha

• 2 weeks later...

Brittany, perhaps this will give you time to save money so when you find one, it will be yours for sure. Judy is right, it wasn't meant to be just yet with that other bird, for reasons you probably will never understand. You'll find one that is right for you.

Awww, what great ictures of your new baby Grey. It's wonderful that you are able to visit him from such a young age. It will make his home coming very easy because he will be very attached to you by then.

Congratulations on finding a Grey. :-)

Congrats Brittany on getting Pepper, he is a precious looking baby grey, thanks for sharing some pictures with us.

Most birds do have a fascination with jewelry, hence I don't wear any at home, not too fond of having them tear up expensive gold earrings, bracelets and necklaces and they can ruin them in a second's time.

You are doing the right thing in visiting Pepper all you can before you bring him home, the bonding process is already being put in place. Give him a little squeeze for me will ya;) :P