NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

scented candles

btdaycare

Hi btdaycare,

Like I was saying on IM plug-ins, aerosols, scented candles, incense sticks are not good for your birds.

Their respiratory systems works a lot faster and is a lot smaller than ours so things like this can be very dangerous for them to inhale.

Nims

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I would like to know about and soy candles. What are their market value and do these companies give bill receipt if purchase from online ecommerce sites. I wanted to change color but they are denying to do it. Do anyone have these kind of encounter with dealers.

One of the problems with candles is the metal wire inside the wick, when it burns the metals become an aerosol our birds can be sickened or killed by. I would think that it would not be good for us either if it can sicken or kill them.

One of the problems with candles is the metal wire inside the wick, when it burns the metals become an aerosol our birds can be sickened or killed by. I would think that it would not be good for us either if it can sicken or kill them.

Thank you...The only safe candle is the electric kind...A product can only be deemed safe if it's tested, in this case, tested in the presents of parrots, did it live or did it die? You decide....Jay

I would like to know about and soy candles. What are their market value and do these companies give bill receipt if purchase from online ecommerce sites. I wanted to change color but they are denying to do it. Do anyone have these kind of encounter with dealers.

Grey is right!

You are exactly right. The metal in the wick is usually lead and it is very toxic to all. I have a few battery operated unscented flickering wax candles scattered around just to look nice and one in the bathroom to act as a night light for company to find the light switch. The newer ones flicker and look closer to real flame than the old style that used to flash and there is no heat at all. I have seen both bees wax and soy candles in the battery operated models.

A friend of mine has a child with severe asthma. She wanted to freshen up her house and wondered what if anything she could use around her home. The doctor said to take a piece of cheese cloth, get it very drippy wet and lay it outside on the clothes line or even on a bush in the sun and let it dry until it was crackly. He then said to hang it over the furnace/ac vents. The air blowing over the cheese cloth made the house smell like it was kissed by the sun all without any harmful scents at all.