NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

WELCOME TO OUR HEALTH ROOM

Talon

I would like to welcome everyone to our Health Room! :cheer:

I will begin the process of moving topics into this room in the next day or so that are appropriate. We have many.

Please feel free to get started here with any Health issues or questions or advice you may have, topics pertaining to our birds, any birds. Some examples such as: feather plucking, eye questions, skin problems, eye concerns, changes in behavior, illness, things like that.

**Please note: ANY FOOD QUESTIONS, PLEASE POST IN THE BIRD FOOD ROOM.

Don't worry if your not sure which room to post in, use your good judgment, I can move your thread to the appropriate room if need be. ;)<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/10/29 22:15

• 1 year later...

Hello again,

I posted somewhere, I'm not sure where but here it goes again.

I have been noticing of late my african gray is having twitching movements with her head, not all the time but when she does it is frequent. 2 or more times a minute, jerking twitches.Just in the last week. I do not think it is an ear problem but am concerned it might be a neurological problem or chemical imbalance. My question is, do you see this behavior in your birds or have you heard of this before? And do you know any bird doctors in Houston or League city area.

Thank you

Sincerely, Crystal...

• 1 year later...

An injured grey bird some times suffer from shock. This means that blood vessels become inflamed the blood supply,specially to the toes. These feel cold. To counteract this. keep the bird warm in a box with a wrapped hot water bottle.The condition should not last longer than 3 hours. Bach's Rescue Remedy is helpful.