NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

pros and cons

btdaycare

my new tag came with a fairly good size cage but my new cage is bigger.

old cage has regular heavy duty bowl holder clipped on the cage,

new one just has door for you to clip on a bowl.

old cage has play yard on top with built in ladders and two cup holders attached and a heavy duty rope attached for play with clips for other toys.

new one just has a cool wood perch fit in between two fan shaped metal pieces on either end.

old one has a tray for cleaning under play yard, new one does not.

old cage has bird seed catcher thing around cage, new one does not.

So, my question is, since the larger cage is so much larger should I wean him to that cage or keep him in the smaller one? He spends most of his time on top of the cage according to the other owners.

If possible, sit the new cage next to his present one and let him explore and get used to it. Maybe put a couple of his favorite toys in it and some treats. See how he likes it after a few days. If it's a hit, then make it his permanent cage. :-)

I'd go with the larger new cage. Because its bigger. And your TAG will probably figure out how to the get the bowls out of the bowl holders so you will end up buying locking cups anyways. The seed catchers catch some food but not all of it so you will have to sweep up anyways. The only big advantage of the old one seems to be the cool play gym. But you could always get him a separate gym at some stage in the future.;)

well for now I am leaving both cages in the living room until I can decide.........

what are locking cups?

the perches in the new cage are more like dowel rods but the old cage has plenty of ones I can exchange them for. Some are more like a stone, some are like drift wood, some are like cactus root.

I figure I will give myself a week to figure this out.

Oh, he does say something but its when I leave the room, hmmm is he talking behind my back? lol

I am now just repeating the word hello to him.

Any tips on teaching him to talk?

Oh, also singing you are my sunshine to him.

I think he will probably learn "No! Gracie and put that back Gracie as right now that is all I seem to say to a toddler! rofl

Locking cups are any type of cup which takes Liath longer than a few days to figure out how to undo. Right now she has ones called crock locks. She has those sussed so I am on the lookout for new ones. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Preferably ones with a combination lock or a dead bolt:laugh: :P

hmmm, not sure how to describe mine, they have a metal cage that fits into the little feed doors and they have pins that they fit down into, the heavy cups fit into these little cages and the only way to get them out is to open the doors from the outside. Again, its all part of how the cage is made and why I might stick to this cage. Even the playgym has these cage type holders for the cups. But.......... then again, the "toilet cup" is one of those you fit onto the outside of the cage and he hasn't torn it off.........YET.